Saturday 4 February 2017

Paperartsy - Pink and Orange

The Paperartsy challenges started again nearly two weeks ago (last date to enter is tomorrow) with a topic of Pink and Orange and ever since I have been meaning to get something made to enter... Funnily enough, the day before the challenge opened I had started working on a journal page using one of Lin's new stencils

I have finally finished it! I loved how Wendy used the monsters for her pocket letters   and decided to incorporate them
This is what I've done
I started with painting the page with Sherbert, and stencilled Bougainvillea through the fantastic new Lin Brown stencil - deciding to use them as hanging rather than climbing flowers!

 I have no other step by step photos...
I stamped a border of Elena's flowers across the bottom of the page, and coloured them with Frescos and also some fine nibbed Stabillo felt tips

I stamped one of the flower houses on white card and coloured it in Bougainvillea and Coral, and stamped a whole heap of the bird monsters and painted them too..

 added one of Elena's flower sayings and edged it in Bougainvillea
Had a heap of fun with this, and am entering the Paperartsy challenge here 

14 comments:

Miriam said...

This is beautiful Helen.. I love how you've used that stencil too

Kirsten said...

I love it! Great colours & the new stamps are gorgeous.

Hazel Agnew said...

About flipping time, LOOKS FABULOUS, xx

Craftyfield said...

It's been a while since I had cause to come here... Glad I didn't miss this fun spread, the Zinskys are always funny whatever scenes they found themselves in!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really does look as though you had fun! Love it, absolutely love it! Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You sure like those bird monsters, don't you? This is a really cute and clever entry. I love the little birds at the bottom of the flowers, too. This is one of those spreads you find new things each time you look at it.

Claire said...

Such a fun page Helen, love how you've used Lin's new stencil coming down from the top of the page! Claire xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous ! x

Sarah Anderson said...

Great way of using that stencil; lovely page

craftimamma said...

I loved these fun pages as soon as I saw them on FB Helen. I'm envious of you .....I neeeeed that gorgeous stencil!!!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Unknown said...

It makes me smile. Love it.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Brilliant Helen, now I feel guilty as I must do something with my Zinskys stamps. Have a great week, Angela xXx

JoZart Designs said...

Thanks for your comment Helen. Great to see what you have been up to and the Powertext workshop looked such fun, great report too.
Jo x

Words and Pictures said...

Love the bright and breezy freshness of this - fab stamps!
Alison x