Sunday 18 December 2016

Paperartsy Mail Art Challenge

Scraping in with a challenge for the last time this year at Paperartsy, "mailart" 

as luck would have it, like many of us, I have some envelopes to create for some monetary gifts for Christmas.. which was probably the reason behind the timing of the challenge.   There have been some fabulous posts during the week to get us inspired.

Here goes!
I took took two A5 plain white envelopes and brayered Frescos
 For my niece I used Bougainvillea and Tango Frescos, and a little bit of Bubblegum, brayered

stencilled in Snowflake, (not sure what this stencil is called but I was channelling the mistletoe look... kind of

used the Seth stencil to create a label, did some Snowflake and Little Black Dress bumping

stamped the Tracy Scott large circles "believe" stamp in Cactus Flower archival ink, but it's so dark both last night and this morning, I can't get a very good photo..

 repeated on the back - you can see the stamp better on this side!











did some doodling round the stencilling


for my nephew, similar idea but in blues (how stereotypical of me!)  I used Glass Blue, Beach Hut and Southern Skies and stencilled again, this time I bumped Snowflake on top of Little Black Dress






and the same frame in Snowflake with some doodling





















Entering the Paperartsy challenge here...

wishing you all a very happy Christmas!

5 comments:

brenda said...

Great envelopes Helen, turns a gift into something special.

Here's to three tomorrow.

B x

geezercrafter said...

Smashing envelopes, love the brayering, stencilling and doodling.

sam21ski said...

Great envies, love the idea of using the stencil as a name plate xx

Craftyfield said...

Love the textural look of the brayered Frescos and the bumping! There will be some happy recipients next week...

Etsuko said...

Beautiful envelopes!! Fabulous idea and colours. I love them. xx