Sunday 21 August 2016

Stamperama show in Stevenage - today

Don't talk to me about replacement bus services on Sundays when Network Rail work on the lines... the journey home was a doddle,the one to London a complete nightmare... however I made it in time for the show and met up with a group of PAtwits...

Oh, and a little shopping may have been done....
 of course the first stop is Paperartsy.. Lin and Emma were demoing and Lauren running make and takes.
the stand was looking fab as usual (lots of new stamps!)
 popped off to That's Crafty to see Alison (Craftytrog) and
 Helen demoing - Alison with Deco Art and Helen with Pebeo iridescent paints ...oh my!
 lunchtime Twit meet - me, Linda (so nice to finally get to meet Linda after years of blogging/tweeting), Alison and Jo
 Lin, Miriam and Caz
 Jo Linda and Alison again
 Julie Ann, her friend who's name I didn't catch, sorry!  and Lucy (sorry, caught you mid chewing Lucy!)

 hmm  bit of an odd face I'm pulling too!

 back to Paperartsy where Miriam was Periscoping...
 back at That's Crafty, some of Alison's fab backgrounds
and demonstrating the Deco Art Tinting Base
 back to Paperarsty (we did look round the rest of the show, honest!)  Emma is hard at work stencilling with archival inks and loving her purple circles!
 Caz was there too, looking fab in purple (hair too)

 more scoping..


 saying farewells...

 Julie Hickey popped by to see Linda's new stamps (shhh!)
 shopping.. sorry about the shadow... can't show you Lin's new stamps, till they're official!!  so they're hiding ad the back... lots of stencils and Emma's news stamps released yesterday...







and yes, I got the iridescent paints...(show offer price, would have been silly not to!)


some dinky stencils, acrylic tags and atcs, Carabelle stamp, a lovely tree (lost coast design) and some cute birds (Katzelcraft)

now just need time to play!

17 comments:

Claire said...

Hi Helen, thanks for the fab blog post - looks like you had a fun day and you got loads of goodies!! I was thinking you wouldn't get much as you already have everything haha! Nice to see lots of PA twits. Can't wait to see Lin's new stamps. Claire X

Miriam said...

Great write up Helen. Love your pics.

It was a fabulous day - though I am a tad tired now!!

Caz said...

Some good photos Helen - great to meet up again xxx
Didn't notice you with the camera when Miriam and I were working out the periscope ;-)
Nice selection of goodies - I went for the pebeo paints too and the new stamps obviously! Love your flower stencils.

sam21ski said...

Great photos, nice to put some more names to faces. Looks like another good haul there. Can't believe that you didn't have the pebeo's though, they are gorgeous and I know you don't have one, but great for gelli plating xx

Kaz Hall said...

Great blog post Helen, was lovely to catch a glimpse of you on the periscopes, looks like you bought some lovely goodies .... Enjoy!

Sarah B said...

Always love your show photos Helen - especially the ones of your stash 😊 Hope your journey home was better than this mornings xx

craftimamma said...

Smashing post Helen, thanks! Lots of lovely PATwits faces and so glad Linda managed to put some more faces to names. Gosh I am so envious of the shopping splurge too....just what I could do with right now, some retail therapy ;-).

Hugs
Lesley Xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! That's some haul Helen! Great to see these pics and is getting me in the mood for visiting Ally pally next month - yes, we are coming down and will be there while the show is on! Hoping you can get there on the Saturday! I am assuming that a Saturday service will be better for us than a Sunday too?
Will e-mail you as soon as I know more! Hugs, Chrisx

brenda said...

Looks like a good time was had by all Helen. i thought about you as we passed Stevenage as we went up the AI at about the time the show opened but we were en route to family so impossible to think about stopping.

B x

Virginia said...

Looks like a fab day and lots of fantastic shopping!

craftytrog said...

Great photos Helen! Lovely to see you all as usual, glad I was able to catch up a bit at lunchtime. What a great haul too, enjoy your new stash.
Alison xx

craftytrog said...

Great photos Helen! Lovely to see you all as usual, glad I was able to catch up a bit at lunchtime. What a great haul too, enjoy your new stash.
Alison xx

Neet said...

I just kept thinking "this is me at Port Sunny" as I spend so much time talking to friends. Good isn't it!
Love the photos of everyone, nice to see Alison as I never see her these days - and Lin too I guess. Love the stash - now you have me intrigued, they were selling stamps not yet officially out there? Or are you a special customer? Whatever, I am looking forward to seeing what you make with all these stamps. Enjoy yourself!
Hugs, Neet xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was so glad you shared these photos. It made me think I was actually there, especially since you take such great photos. I like your hair styled that way, too. Of course, I was, as always, intrigued by how much stash you buy and always wonder what you do with the old stash you own.

Have a super week! Hope you find some play time.

Artmadnana said...

Ooh spent a lovely, relaxing 20 minutes pouring over these fab photos. It feels like I am there! So lovely to meet up with so many PA mates. Alison looks so well, doesn't she? Must be all that walking. All of you look well, come to think of it! Looks like you got to see plenty of demos which is always inspiring. Your stash is enviable. All those gorgeous stencils!!! The sparkle Pebeo paint looks interesting too. So glad you had a lovely day even if you did have a rotten outward journey. It was clearly worth it. Looking forward to our meet up on the 10th!

Unknown said...

Lovely post Helen! Great that you all got to meet up. One day I will come I promise! Fab haul too! X

Words and Pictures said...

Looks like a brilliant day of demos, chatting and shopping - thanks for sharing all the fun.
Alison x