Sunday 31 July 2016

Wanderlust Book - prompt 11 - What am I passionate about?

It has been a while since I made time to get any challenges or activities done for the Wanderlust online course by Everything Art... a few weeks ago, the Wanderlust Book prompt was "What am I passionate about".... after spending another morning at my favourite place I was blogging the photos and thought... oh yes that fits!
I spend hours at Kew, I go as often as I can, nearly always on a Saturday morning unless something else gets in the way - check out my photography blog  if you want to see some very photo-heavy posts - and if you want to know more about Kew Gardens check their website here. And, if you can, go visit!

So this morning, I created this double page spread in my Wanderlust book.

 I used some DecoArt paints that my friend Sam gave me for my birthday, and Chalk Fresco to create some blurring of the colours.  I used my fingers... those of you who know me, will realise this is very different for me!
 I spent some time blending and wiping and smudging with the Chalk Fresco before starting to add some elements to the page..
including some stamping (Paperartsy stamps, by Ellen Vargo)



and some leaflets from Kew

The Hive is their latest attraction and is wonderful. (see my blog for photographs - I don't have a printer so couldn't print any to add to my journal)






 added some more little flowers (also Paperartsy) in archival ink and some white highlighter markings on the flowers













the bees are by JoFY for Paperartsy
I had heaps of fun with this, hope to catch up with some more of the lessons very soon!
Thanks for looking.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great Helen! :)

craftytrog said...

Love this beautiful, bright spread Helen!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Fabulous pages! I saw something on TV about the Hive - it does look interesting - as does Kew -I do hope to get there one day! I hadn't realised how little I had visited your blog until today - I have been way back!! Hugs, Chrisx

Virginia said...

Looks fantastic Helen - I love the blocks of colour!

Carmen said...

Yes - definitely a good subject for what you are passionate about Helen :) I love your take on it and all the gorgeous colour.

craftimamma said...

Fab brightly coloured pages....just like the gorgeous flowers on your photographic blog! Love them Helen.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

craftimamma said...

Fab brightly coloured pages....just like the gorgeous flowers on your photographic blog! Love them Helen.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Words and Pictures said...

Great pages in response to the prompt - the colours are wonderful.
Alison x

Neet said...

Great pages Helen. Love the idea of combining a technique with something you love.
Hugs, Neet xx