Sunday 5 June 2016

Another Wanderlust book prompt

With this one done, there is only one left to catch up on, but that was only launched this week so I'm sort of up to date with this part of the challenge...
Prompt 10 was "What do I have to let go of?"

Decided not to really try and interpret this as such but just have some fun in the Wanderlust journal (which feels very large for some of these prompts!)

I started by applying white gesso to the page, with an old credit card; then sprinkled Infusions into the still wet gesso, (Sunset Beach and Orange County) and scraped it around with the card and a brush, spritzed it with some water to dilute the infusions a bit more - titled the page to let the colours run, then dried them
 added some Prima Art Basics Soft Gloss Gel through a stencil randomly on the page
and let it dry
 took various bits and pieces from my stash (this is what I'm letting go of, maybe!) - a Prima atc, some lace which I painted with a Fresco mix of Coral and Rose paints; a piece of netting from a bag of fruit, old book page,
all kinds of bits. Used a mixture of glue and staples to fix it together
 stamped on the background in Tea Rose and Orange Blossom archival inks, Paperartsy stamps from the Art Everything sets and a Stampotique French script stamp, before placing my focal point..
stamped a Paperartsy butterfly to the atc and painted it with a mix of satin glaze and Eggplant
Wrote 'memories' in a micron pen, because I felt it needed a word or title or something, in the top part of the page...

these aren't really colours I use together much, but am quite pleased with the look...


6 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Really great textures. I LOVE that Hot Picks Butterfly to little tiny pieces. Looks great. Lx

craftytrog said...

Looks fabulous Helen!

brenda said...

Looks super Helen and always think fabric gives such lovely added textures.

B x

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, wow and wow to that background. I was holding out against the Infusions (at least until I've actually got some time at home to play with them) but you've just shot them to the top of the shopping list. Stunning! Love the simple layered collage too, giving that background plenty of space to shine.
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, okay, I've been and gone and bought some... at least they'll be ready and waiting if I ever have time!
Ax

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Helen!This is beautiful! I love the blend of colours in the gesso ( such a satisfying activity!) and your fabulous focal point! Hugs, Chrisx