Sunday 27 March 2016

Finally opened the Powertex - for Paperartsy

Hello and Happy Easter to you all... we're a week into the latest Paperartsy challenge - liquid sculpting mediums - and I was eventually spurred on to open the Powertex I bought last October (eek) in Glasgow.

So far, we've had frogs, canvasses and oriental ladies... I started simple, with an empty bottle... an old cotton vest and the bronze Powertex.
I decided not to put disposable gloves on, have heard they make it too fiddly to work in... this is the bottle soaking wet on my workspace. (and it is hard to do this on the floor, I think a table or raised surface would definitely help!)

hadn't thought to paint the face before I fixed it in amongst the folds, but went in afterwards and did so
 was quite pleased with some of the folds I got
 this is after it's dried overnight but before I applied some fiishing touches of treasure gold

 by which time I had trouble photographing it, due to fading light and the glare of the TG and my camera wanting to flash!

I had also tucked a tiny resin flower into the fabric too, I need to go on a hunt for little embellishments I can add next time.


but for my first attempt I'm quite happy with it!

Entering the Paperartsy challenge here

still got dirty fingernails, so next time may use the Ivory one if I'm working soon after, not so obvious!

22 comments:

Lin said...

AT LAST!!! lol...well done it came out great Helen and you do have some great folds. Looks great with the treasure gold too. You need some of the sand balls too. Just use a craft scrubby or nail brush and them a nail file to get the last little bits lol

sam21ski said...

Can't believe that it took a PA challenge to get you to crack it open, we've been trying to convince you for 6 months but you wouldn't take any notice of us!!

Miriam said...

it's fabulous Helen... well done for finally opening that bottle... look forward to seeing more makes with it!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! What a great result you got! Looks brilliant Helen. Lx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Brilliant Helen, really fabulous piece . Not something I have tried as yet. Tracy x X

craftimamma said...

Well done on a brilliant first attempt and amazing that you did it working on the floor! You did get some fabulous folds and it's wonderful how the Treasure Gold brings it to life isn't it.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Well done, love the folds you've achieved and the face! It took a paperartsy challenge and a four day bank holiday lol!

Lucy x

Julie Lee said...

Fabulous creation Helen. It looks really impressive - it's hard to believe that it's worked around a humble bottle. I think the folds look great! The face is beautiful too: where do you get those? xx

yoursartfully said...

Since October Helen! That's not like you, you usually crack everything open and test drive stuff straight away! Anyways, it was worth the wait, it looks fabulous! Doesn't the project suddenly come to life when the TG goes on!

Kaz Hall said...

That's brilliant Helen, really clever!
kaz x

Brenda Brown said...

I have a bottle unopened too, you have inspired me Helen, I'll have to give this a try soon.
Hugs Brenda xx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Wow! Cannot believe this is your first play since your work shop. This is fabulous, love it. Debs xx

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Helen, so clever. xx

brenda said...

Wow Helen, this is something really different and what amazing effects.

B x

Hazel Agnew said...

Well done Helen.....great folds and fabulous result! Looking forward to more now! Xx

Etsuko said...

Stunning project Helen! Great the face and the overall look. I like this. xx

JoFY said...

Love it! :o)

Kirsten said...

Well done on finally using your Powertex stash, the bottle looks great.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my! This really is fabulous! Hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

She's amazing Helen!

Words and Pictures said...

Fab first experiment - with lots of tips for the next time too... I've got some Powertex, but mostly so I can try making some dollshouse dolls over the summer. This is definitely giving me twitchy fingers, but no way I can try it out til I'm home!
Alison x

Sarah B said...

love it - must get some of this stuff x