Sunday 9 August 2015

Flower Tag - inspired by Leandra for Paperartsy

Last weekend at Stevenage, you may have seen the gorgeous tag Leandra made me
that evening I started a version of my own, using some of the new Lin Brown stamps I'd bought that day... didn't like the first few layers of paint on the background,too sludgy... so just kept going..



eventually got to a stage where it was OK.


 didn't take any more photos until the stamping was done...nor can I remember what colours are in the background..

I do know I used South Pacific to colour the flowers, and a mixture of greens for the stems.

Added some white pen highlights to the petals, and some more stamping to the foot of the tag
not completely happy with this, but I do like the background at least...

entering the Paperartsy Flowers Challenge

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

That looks great.

craftytrog said...

I think it looks fab Helen! I love the background & flowers!

Hazel Agnew said...

Ooooo, clever girl! Love the background and love the foreground! Fabulous! Xx

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Helen. Love the layers and the images are just gorgeous.
Well done you.
Honey tastes divine. Shall I bring some to sell at the Crop?
Hugs
xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! I'd say that's job done! Love it! Chrisx

Words and Pictures said...

I don't know why you're not happy with it - I think it's gorgeous. Love the depth of the background created by those persevering layers, and the flowers look lovely.
Alison xx