Sunday 19 April 2015

Tag and ATC swap

These are my tags and atcs for the latest swap I'm in organised by Sam. The theme was black and white tags and monochrome or 2 colour atcs; theme set by Emma - thanks Emma I had a blast with this, especially the tags.
I don't have any step by step pics, I was so in the swing with the tags and am really happy with how they came out.

 I decided to do one black with white and one white with black - the tags are manilla so used a couple of coats of white gesso and one of Snowflake Fresco, and black gesso on the other.

 the stencil is a window frame from Stencil Girl, and the butterfly from Finn.

The sentiments are from Dina Wakley.

I stencilled in the middle of the frame too.
 I didn't have a white organza ribbon (or at least couldn't find it in the ribbon box), or a black satin one, (and forget to get white organza at Ally Pally, I KNEW there was a particular ribbon I wanted!)
for the atcs I decided to stick to shades of blue, used mainly new Frescos though I haven't recorded the colours.. the diamonds are a stamp from JoFY34
 and the little houses and text from ELB13
The next theme's already been announced, time to get my thinking cap on again.

14 comments:

sam21ski said...

I had a de ja vous moment then and then I realised why - lol

They look fab and are just as good IRL too

Sam xx

Lin said...

they're great Helen! love them the black and white looks stunning and loving the blue and green xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

great tags...

Julie Lee said...

These are beautiful, Helen. I really do like how the b and w ones turned out - stunning and effective! The ATCs are beautiful too. I love Lin's little houses. I have the set, but have not yet got around to using it! Felt a bit too poorly this weekend to get round to any crafting. Hopefully I'll be more in the zone next week! Have a great week. xx

jojo79 said...

The black & white is really effective, and love the ATC's

brenda said...

The monochromatic in particular looks really striking Helen.

What did I do this afternoon, or should I say what I now wish I had done, so depressing.

B x

Miriam said...

These are lovely atcs and tags Helen... and yes.... I remember you racking your brain to try to remember what ribbon you needed to buy!

Unknown said...

These are fab Helen! I can see why you are so pleased with the tags and the ATCs are lovely with Lin's little houses. I love swap time.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

snazzyoriginal said...

Stunning b&w, love them x

craftytrog said...

Love these, especially the b&w tags...brilliant!

pearshapedcrafting said...

These are fabulous! Love the black and white especially! Chrisx

catherine said...

These are really fabulous Helen
x catherine

Words and Pictures said...

I completely adore those b&w tags, Helen - they are just fabulous. Love the "handwritten" sentiments, perfect to complete the look. And the ATCs are so cute - simple but very effective. Lovely work!
Alison xx

Etsuko said...

Beautiful tags and ATCs Helen. You had a nice to use the images. Especially black and white tags, images and sentiments are wonderfully matched, I love these. xx