Wednesday 5 November 2014

Dragons Dream - U and Quotation

We are nearly at the end of our alphabet challenge at DragonsDream - how fast has that gone?!  This fortnight, the gorgeous Gabrielle has chosen U, and to use a quotation - don't forget you must use a tag and at least one real (non digital) stamp.

I went for my old favourite, Tim Holtz's Umbrella Man...

 I painted my tag with a mix of Elephant and Chalk Fresco to get a slightly lighter gray than the Elephant is (could have just used Concrete of course!)














Stamped the raindrops (Designs by Ryn) - new, yum!! in Watering Can archival and filled the raindrops with Glossy Accents and set aside to dry.
Umbrella Man was die cut from a piece of paper from Finnabair's Sunrise Sunset pad and the quotation on a piece of the leftover paper.

I have to say, I am very impressed with the Ryn stamps, they stamp beautifully, even unmounted - I have run out of EZ mount! - this is a perfect stamping, just by inking them and stamping the rubber onto the tag.  It is really thick rubber, so I maybe won't need to mount them at all (result!)

Edged the quote and the die cut, with Old Paper distress to match the edge of the paper and used foam pads to mount them to the tag.

Hope you'll join in with us again, we love to see what you create.  We're already dreaming up the next set of challenges, hope you'll like them....

15 comments:

Julie Lee said...

Loving your take on the Umbrella man, Helen. The colours on this are fabulous and I love those rain drops too - well on your tag - not in real life! It's pouring again here today!!!

brenda said...

Love it Helen and I 'need' those raindrops, adding them to my wishlist for tomorrow.

B x

massofhair said...

STUNNING Tag and quotation Helen, have been needing those stamps since i first saw them, have got them on my wishlist. You have used them brilliantly :-) x

Deborah Wainwright said...

Stunning Helen I love all those stamps and dance in the rain is my fav quote at the moment love it all xx

Claire said...

Yay you've used your lovely new Ryn stamps! The drops look amazing, perfect with umbrella man :-)

craftytrog said...

This is gorgeous Helen! Those raindrops are on my wish list :-)

May said...

Fabulous tag Helen, Love the raindrop stamp & the colours are perfect... Hugs May x x

Hettie said...

This is lovely Helen. Those Ryn stamps work so well with the brolly man don't they!
Raining here right now but don't think I will be dancing in it any time soon...now with my sore leggies!
Hugs
xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous tag Helen! I love umbrella man but somehow he hasn't made his way into my craft room yet!!! Those stamps are fabulous - I have some raindrops but they are acrylic stamps not rubber…..and I've yet to use them!! Now to get my head around this one and not be last this time!!!! Chrisx

voodoo vixen said...

Love the umbrella man tag you have done, that quote is perfect for him but i have never realised till now!! LOL

Lin said...

oh I love this Helen those raindrops are yummy and whi doesn't love umberella man!! xx

Carmen said...

Such a gorgeous tag Helen - is that the glossy accents on the raindrops or your colouring making them appear so 3D and glisteny? Beautiful - the whole thing!

Alexandra said...

Lovely tag. Great pairing the umbrella man with this quote. It always brings me a smile.

Etsuko said...

Stunning tag! The raindrop stamp look great. Love your umbrella Man image and the quotation.

Words and Pictures said...

Love the shadowy greys, and Umbrella Man looks great dressed in Prima! I've been admiring Ryn's water drops from afar for a long time - sounds as though you're a fan. Maybe they need to go on the Christmas list!
Alison xx