Sunday 2 November 2014

Craft Barn Q&L - 22 - Moon/Sensation

Afternoon, welcome back!  Been a bit of a crafting flurry here the last couple of days, finally got started on the Christmas cards! (scroll back to the previous two posts) and I have some more to share today. First, though, it's the Craft Barn Q&L challenge - Moon and/or Sensation

My first thought was "Moon River" from Breakfast at Tiffany's... then I googled for some quotes, and came across "Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star" attributed to W Clement Stone - and in various similarly worded versions, to several other people too.  I liked that, so decided to switch tacks.

After another masterboard's worth of Christmas cards, I settled down with my Brushos - well I had to play with new toys, right?!

 I worked on a piece of Paperartsy's Smoothy card, and used Ultramarine, Leaf Green and Emerald Brushos - a mixture of sprinkling the Brushos onto dry card and spritzing, and then more spritzing the page in the dry parts and dropped more Brushos into the water.  This is my first play with them (apart from a short play at Lin Brown's when some friends and I went for a workshop in August)

A long search ensued for a moon stamp - I still think I have a different one, but couldn't find it... this is part of a stamp that depicts "twinkle twinkle little star) but I just cut the moon out. Hence you can see the face under the Pewter paint (no silver!) (Fresco)







For the stars, I stencilled Pewter paint  through a stencil and cut out 3 stars










I wrote the quote on a spare scrap of card, and stuck it to the page.

Decided it needed somebody or someone to be aiming for the moon, so stamped the little people (Stampscapes) on another scrap of card and trimmed them and glued them to the foot of the page.

Quite pleased how this came out, entering the Craft Barn challenge here 

Oh, and the third masterboard Christmas cards? These are they!
 just used Cherry Red and Chalk Frescos, the tree is by Woodware and is just repeatedly stamped in Library Green archival, first and second generation stamping.
So that's another 12 from another sheet of paper, I'm well on the way now.

24 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow Helen you have been busy, great idea to create master boards and make cards from them. Lovely. Tracy x

Kirsten said...

Blimey, you've done loads this weekend! This newest batch of cards is just as fab as the others & I love your journal page. Adding the little figures was a great idea.

sam21ski said...

Fab pages and your brushos came out great.

Another fab set of cards from your masterboard too xxx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Great journal page Helen the brushos look fab. I love your masterboard cards they are excellent x

massofhair said...

Loving your brusho page for the Craft Barn challenge, wonderful size of people, really adds dimension to the page.

Fun Christmas cards, must feel wonderful to have done so many in one day :-) xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm trying to play catch up here, so please forgive me if I only leave a single comment.

I laughed when I saw you called me "eagle eyed," because I wasn't sure what I was looking at. Hope you get a replacement for the mica powder that was missing in the set.

I've been a fan of master boards since I created my 5th WOYWW anniversary ATCs. I swear, I'm going to steal, OOPS, borrow your Christmas card idea, because this is PERFECT. I also like the idea of using copier paper, since it makes the card weigh less when finished.

Your moon and stars are wonderful. I almost used that quote because I found my moon stamp that has stars with it, but not the one with the beautiful face. This is beautiful. I really, really, really like this spread.

BTW, rusting takes a few days, so please be patient. This is not one of those "through the magic of TV" events. All will be revealed when the fabric has had a chance to fully rust (grin).

thassos456 said...

Love this page. The background is fab and the quote is great :)

TwinkleToes2day said...

Superb page, love the background and the teeny people fit right in. I love that you have a 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' stamp set! :o))
Your Christmas cards are fabulous. I don;t know what a masterboard is, but it must be a good thing I guess, lol :o))

Virginia said...

Helen these are fabulous, might have to have me a go later on this week if I get chance!

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous backgrounds! I just ordered some Brushos! ;)

Unknown said...

Lovely page and goes well with the quote.

Hettie said...

Nice page Helen and great cards.
Hugs
xx

Elaine said...

Loving the colourful background - you look like you've had fun with the brushos. Lovely words too!!

Sarah Anderson said...

Glad you've enjoyed christening your Brushos!! Gorgeous page :)

buterfliecrafter said...

I love the background with the brushos.

kaybee said...

Fabulous page - great background colours, and I love that little people stamp. I've just bought some Brushos and had a first play on my moon piece.

Craftyfield said...

The Brushos background is scrumptious... I wanna play too! Love the quote, by far the best I've seen for "moon". And I see your masterboard Christmas cards are coming up nicely.

Unknown said...

Don't you just love Brushos. I could play with them all day. This is a fab page, and you are right the little people just finish it perfectly

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely page and a beautiful background - great quote too!

Scrapmate said...

Brushos are fun to play with aren't they? I only have a few colours but will get some more soon. I like your page - you've made good use of the Brusho BG you created.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I've always liked that quote, too, and it was clever to add the people at the bottom!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just catching up with the Moon/Sensation-Challenge, really a bit late these days.
Your page looks fabulous, great background.

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, wow - that page is absolutely stunning! I got some Brushos while I was away too, and haven't played yet, but now I really really want to!!

Great work on the Christmas cards too... just been admiring Deborah's too - inspired by your use of masterboards!
Alison xx

maggie said...

A great choice of quote on a fabulous background.