Sunday 5 October 2014

Port Sunny - Happy Stampers

You probably already know, if you've seen my friend Sam's post  yesterday (she took her laptop!) that my secret trip this weekend was to Port Sunlight and the craft show known as Happy Stampers. The post on the "photosbyh" blog, the pictures of Port Sunlight itself, is here. This though, is the crafty bit!

Several months ago, we (Sam, Lin Emma and I) decided that we'd try and get tickets for this show as everyone who talks about it, says it's fabulous... you have to get tickets in advance, and they're limited, so it was a bit stressful - till I met Chris at the WOYWW crop in May who said she was already on the mailing list so is able to order tickets as soon as they're released.... phew... just the trains to book then, as Sam had in January found a great hotel yards from the venue.... sorted!

 Friday saw us heading from our various starting points, to Liverpool Lime Street station... (cue visit to t'other blog for the photos)









Saturday morning was wet, but by the time the show started, dry... off we headed.
The reason we wanted to keep it secret was to surprise fellow #PAtwits Lin and Christine; which we did, you could hear the screams of delight miles away!

 Sam, Emma, Lin, Chris and Lin
 swap Lin at the end for me...
 Sam, Lin, Chris (who got us the tickets) Lin, Chris and Leandra

We also met Massofhair and Keren and Sarah Anderson who's blog I've followed for ages (another ticket enabler if we'd needed her!) but I didn't get any pictures!  (Edit - also turns out I met Elizabeth from the DragonsDream Team I'm on,only she thought I was Julie Ann... nice almost meeting you too, Elizabeth!)
Towards the end of the show we congregated back at Paperartsy to say our farewells  - when you stand this side of the PA stand you tend to end up...
 demoing!! Emma's trying out the fabulous Fibralo pens
and having a laugh with Lin.
 This is PA's Emma elf who had stepped away momentarily - caught her mid chocolate!

 some last minute buying from Lin but Mark seems more keen on the rugby updates...
and my purchases.  Not much, as I have only just been to Ally Pally, but enough, and you have to don't you?!

Thanks for a great weekend girls, lets do it again sometime somwhere!

20 comments:

Keren Baker said...

Fab post! It was great meeting you briefly too! Looks like you had a good haul! I tried to behave myself with buying- although those pens are o he wish list too! x

ElizabethR said...

Yes it was lovely meeting you too!!!!!!!!!!! What a pair of numpties we are lol xxx

Hazel Agnew said...

Thanks for keeping us up to speed. Enjoyed looking! Xx

Virginia said...

Ah that's fab meeting up with friends particularly when some of them it was a surprise!

sam21ski said...

Fab post Helen, great photos, and yeah I agree we had a fab time, must be done again sometime and some place xxx

Hmmmm.....where can we bombard next???

Carmen said...

I've never even heard of that one! Looks like you had an amazing time :D off to spy the other piccies now :P

Craftyfield said...

Sounds like you had a whale of the time! Jealous moi...

craftytrog said...

Sounds brilliant! Great haul! x

Deborah Wainwright said...

Great post Helen and as always fab pics xx

craftimamma said...

Another lovely post Helen and a fab time had by you all. Nice little bundle of stash you got there. Love those Lavinia toadstools. I have a confession, lol! I love Lavinia stamp designs especially the fairies and toadstool houses as well as the plants and foliage and have quite a collection for someone who uses them but once in a blue moon, He! He! I just never seem to get the time to use them!

I'm so hoping the PaperArtsy stand has all the latest goodies on at StampMagic in two weeks. It definitely didn't seem as big at the spring show.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sandy said...

I am so pea green with envy!!
Sandy xx

massofhair said...

Great to briefly meet you all and glad you enjoyed one of the best little shows on the Planet! :-) xxx

Etsuko said...

Fab post and great pics Helen! The mushroom stamps are very cute too!! xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Great to see you again! Glad you enjoyed it, hope you could see why PS is my favourite show! Love what you bought! Chrisx

Art By Wanda said...

What a fun time!!!!!!!!!!!

Eliza said...

Oh Helen I am so envious of your meeting up with other WOYWW'ers what a fun time you all seem to have had. Oh and the sights of the stalls and people all fun, fun, fun. Now I understand your secretive ways. Thanks for sharing.


Hugs Eliza

Sarah Anderson said...

It was great to finally meet you IRL! Glad you had a good time and love that you surprised your friends so effectively :)

Kirsten said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time, so pleased for all of you.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had this post in my browser when the power went out early this morning. Just now getting it restored, so had to start over.

I enjoyed the photo side, and now I'm enjoying the craft side. You couldn't resist picking up a few bits and bobs, could you? I suspect you spent more on craft supplies last weekend than I spend all year. You realize how much I admire seeing all the new stuff you buy. I look forward to seeing what you do with the bird house.

Kyla said...

Not heard of this show before, sounds like a great trip.
Kyla