Monday 25 August 2014

Projects from the weekend crafting

Morning (oh, it's afternoon...) all...

Here are some more pics of the projects from the weekend.

Saturday we made a Lynne Perrella book full of stamped and stencilled fun.
 Lin had prepped some of the shapes with Chatsworth papers, some were left plain and we painted with Frescos
Back and Front covers, tied with beaded thread
 some of the smaller pieces were glued to the bigger ones

 and one left to form a smaller page
 so you can see both sides
Some of us "may" have done a little online shopping for some of the Technique Tuesday stamps we used (the set that these diamonds came from was gorgeous)
and the finished book.


Sunday was a day of techniques... as I said in the post yesterday, we tried loads of different things - tags galore!

 we tried gelatos (gone on the list!)
Love the one on the left, removing the gelato through a stencil with a babywipe, great resist!
the red one is gelato over a clear embossed stencilled image and the gelato removed, the drippage on the bottom one is great, and the other is just blended.

 silks - hmm not bad, may resist buying these, but I did like the detail painting with them!
 Colour Bloom sprays (got to have these!)

Love the pastel shimmer of the bluey/purple one (over gesso, but it does dry a bit sticky)
 oh, this should be rotated..colour bloom over fabric on a tag.
 and some silk screen printing - this was fabulous!!
 and on some journal pages, ready to play further with!
 we were a bit dubious about the black, but it looks fantastic!

these are in my big A4 journal so you can get an idea of the size a bit more.

We also stamped and stencilled over fabric covered tags, (left) and used Inktense pencils (already hav those, phew!) over grunge paste
You'll have to forgive my big blobby stems, when I painted over the grunge paste my stencil wasn't placed back accurately!

We also tried crackle glaze on fabric, but I've not got a picture of that as my crackle wasn't great - my top layer of paint wasn't thick enough - and brushos - but I mixed mud due to my poor colour choice so you're not seeing that either!
So a big thanks again to Lin B for her trouble with these workshops, and to Lin, Lesley, Karen, Emma and Sam for the fun.

I'm looking forward to some shopping (ahem) and playing with these tags and pages I started!

17 comments:

Claire said...

Wow sounds like you have a major shopping list now! Love the little book you made and it must have been great trying out all the products so you could try before you buy so to speak. Pleased you had a lovely weekend, Claire x

snazzyoriginal said...

Beautiful projects, that Lynne Perrella book is stunning xx

craftimamma said...

Ooh, what fabby makes! I can't wait to get back to mine to get them finished (and a definitely will) so I can blog them. Wasn't the play day amazing? All those wonderful goodies to have a go with some of which I already have (Brusho, Silks, Inktense rarely if ever played with). I just want to go hibernate in my craftroom now. I'm sure OH & I don't need to eat or anything aren't you!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Thanks Helen, I can see that you had a great weekend. Will make a note of a couple of gelato ideas. Fabulous. Xx

brenda said...

Some great makes Helen, sounds like a fun time and like the sound of crackle glaze on fabric, one to try me think.

Balotelli, hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

B x

Jacqui Chimes said...

Looks like fun love you little book

sam21ski said...

Great to see what you made again Helen even though you were only sat next to me, but we did that much, that I forgot some of them!! But not the PINK tag, I'll never forget that one, pixie pink, but then I did dare you and you readily took up the challenge - lol xxxx

Claudia N. said...

Loads of crafty goodness! Wow! Looks like you had a wonderful time crafting!

Claudia x

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time you had! I love all your technique tags & the little book is gorgeous.

Julie Lee said...

What a wonderful time you had! These makes are just gorgeous - wonderful colours and images: I love them! Julie Ann xxx

massofhair said...

Fantastic makes, looking forward to seeing you using your new techniques very soon:-) xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, it seems like day 2 was far more productive than day 1. But I liked what you accomplished both days, because you learned a few things AND had a great time with friends. What more could you ask for, right?

Sarah Anderson said...

What a great weekend - a day on a project and a day if techniques - great combo and you packed so much in!!

craftytrog said...

Wow! Looks like you had a fantastic weekend! Wonderful photos & gorgeous projects...I love your LP book! x

Neet said...

How fab! Love your book.
Hugs, Neet xx

Words and Pictures said...

Looks like you had an amazing weekend of crafting - that mini book is just gorgeous, and I love the silk screen printing looks fab.
Alison xx

Brenda Brown said...

Wow what wonderful results from what looks to be an amazing weekend, love the Lynne Perrella book.
hugs Brenda xx