Tuesday 8 July 2014

Darcy's Month 6 journal page

Darcy's Month 6 journal page for her regular Paperartsy challenge grabbed me as soon as I saw it, and I started it straight away.
It's taken me a while to get the next stage done though, but today when I was forced to stay in while British Gas fixed my (lack of) hot water (all sorted now!) I carried on.

 Followed Darcy's background technique - I used some Limelight in with my Chartreuse.  I used an archival ink though to stamp my greetings, as I didn't want to get my text stamps painty.  As the ink (fern green I think now) was quite dark, I put a light wash of watered down Chartreuse over the top.
 Followed Darcy's instructions for my flowers and leaves.. really wasn't happy until I'd doodled round the flowers with a black pen!





but I love it now!
 I did the grunge paste stage several days ago, it's quite a thick layer....
This is where I carried on today - painting over the journal - used Spanish Mulberry, Claret, Eggplant, Dolly Mixture (I think) Blood Orange and a bit of South Pacific, as these seemed to tone well with my top layer.
 Used both Chalk and Snowflake, and a mixture of brayer, brush and cut and dry to get the look I wanted
 two or three layers of white/chalk
 then the hard bit - tearing up that fabulous background!  Cut a strip off for the punching and die cutting... at this point I realised that my circle punch that would have been teh right size, is broken... typical!!

the only flower I like really, is the top right one, as I used a thinner nibbed pen - the others are a brush tipped Pitts artist pen and the lines are too thick, I wish I'd tried the thinner one first!!
Didn't have much success with my ruler and the edge markings, so did some with a credit card too.


quite liked how the stems came out though.
Don't have a tag punch so just omitted them!







I did opt for a title, just felt the page needed some words.  I like the dots Darcy, great finishing touches.
the finished page.  Entering Darcy's Journal challenge here

9 comments:

sam21ski said...

Oooh wow, looks like lots of work has gone into this, looks like loads and loads of layers, fabulous end product

Sam xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Very brave Helen, doing lovely work and then tearing it up. The nd result paid off though. Great! Xx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Wow Helen what a excellent page. You have put a lot of hard work into this and it has really paid off. I too wouldn't have wanted to break up that fabulous background but you was brave and what a marvellous effect it brings to a fabulous piece of art. Xxx

massofhair said...

Fabulous pages Helen, great to see how long it took you to create them :-) xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! A lot went into this but what a fantastic page! Chrisx

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant take on Darcy's inspiration - I love the flower paper, and that textured background is to die for!
Alison xx

craftytrog said...

Your page turned out brilliant Helen, great background & flowers! xx

Darcy Marshall said...

Brilliant Helen, you are a star for getting stuck in and trying everything. Love your patterned paper, I knew it would make people feel ill to rip it up lol but it's given you fabulous pops of colour. End result is a gorgeous page. x

Cocofolies said...

That's really gorgeous, I love yours as much as the one of Darcy! :) Crafty hugs, Coco x