Wednesday 18 June 2014

Dragons Dream - TIO - N - stencils

Welcome back to another fortnight from the Dragons Dream - it's my choice this time and given my current "addiction" I chose stencils - and my letter is N.
I have quite a lot (ahem) of stencils in my ever-growing collection and so my choice of word is "new"... I've used several new things on my tag - new stencils, ink, stamps, you get the idea! Here's my tag (tags)

 I started with a doilly stencil (newish but never used) from Crafters Workshop and Shaded Lilac distress ink. covered both sides of both tags. One side I did random stencilling, the other I lined them up and did matching halves.
 then with more new stencils (mini sketch grid and mini gothic romance - the small heart) inks are seedless preserves and peacock feathers. Covered both sides of both tags.
 stamps the Dina Wakley row of hearts (newish, never inked this stamp from the set) in Plum archival (new).
I scored and creased one tag and used matte medium to join them together

I stamped the letters n e and w from my Dyan Reaveley alphabet set (not new!) in black, but coloured in the dotty background, cut them out (very fiddly!), brushed the edges with shaded lilac to tone into the background, and stuck them to the front. Outlined in white Sharpie marker

For the inside I added chipboard letters, coloured in plum archival using cut and dry foam, outlined with black sharpie marker and stuck to the tags, then added some appropriate chit chat stickers  (friends, hearts, memories, dreams, to go with the new analogy)
but left the back "plain".  Used some bobbly wool to tie through the tag.

Hope you'll come and see what my talented team mates will have dreamt up this time - and we hope to see you join in.  don't forget you must use at least one real stamp on your tag.

17 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh that's lovely hun, I like the colour choice!

Deborah Wainwright said...

This is lovely Helen xx

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous, I dare'nt admit how many stencils I have lol, and I still have more on my wishlist!!!! Elizabeth xxx

Julie Lee said...

That is such a lovely doily stencil. I am still collecting stencils,as I only started a year ago. My wish list, as you can imagine, is a long one! A really nice idea to use your 'new' acquisitions for the letter 'N'. Love your colour choices. Julie Ann xxx

sam21ski said...

Fabulous xxx

Darnell said...

Okay, my goodness your DOUBLE tag is absolutely stunning, Helen! I could never produce these works of art, but I so love looking at the brilliant creations from talented artists like you!! I'm in awe!! Hugs, Darnell

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A great creation in fabulous colors.

massofhair said...

Can never have enough stencils! Love the CW doily style, it is beautiful. Fantastic colours and stamps, really lovely Tag :-) xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Such a beautiful, delicate stencilled background - I love it. Can't believe you managed to fussy cut those letters! Great double tag - cool structure!
Alison xx

craftimamma said...

Wow, I love this idea Helen! Love those colours too. Like Butterfly I'm astonished at your fussy cutting and I'm pretty sure I would have ended up with at least the 'e' in bits, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

craftytrog said...

Looks great! x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love that doily stencil! Great colour choice! Hope to get to play this time!! Chrisx

Anonymous said...

I love this tag card Helen. Gorgeous colours & accents & the stencilling looks great.

May said...

Gorgeous tag Helen, the stencils are fabulous... Love the word NEW too...Hugs May x x

Neet said...

Fabulous Helen, I really really love this.
Hugs, Neet xx

Neet said...

Fabulous Helen, I really really love this.
Hugs, Neet xx

Dianne said...

I came to comment on this post and got waylaid bt all your fabulous creation, these 2 tags are no exception, love the design and the doily stencils are gorgeous, your pick on the challenge certainly inspired me thanks, have a wonderful weekend..