Wednesday 16 April 2014

Grunge hearts and doilies

I've been playing around in my journal the last couple of nights, with one of the fabulous new stencils I got at Ally Pally on Saturday - this one is the ring doily by Rebekah Meier for Crafters Workshop and I think we all who saw it, fell for it immediately.

You may have caught a glimpse of the page in progress on the previous post for What's on Your Workshop Wednesday... here's the finished thing.


I started by painting the whole page with Antarctic Fresco, then stencilling in opposite corners with Space Cadet and then filled in with Space Cadet
then in the other corners used Antarctic to create the relief image. Wasn't too happy with the top right stencil, so added some more Space Cadet...
 and then re-stencilled with Antarctic again
 Then I randomly stamped the brick wall mini stamp in Watering Can archival, and stencilled Grunge Paste through the Gothic Romance stencil (also one of Rebekah Meier's) - my GP is nearly empty and is getting quite thick and dried out, so it's gone on quite thick which creates a lot of texture.  I let this dry overnight.
I have finally used one of the hearts from Dina Wakley's Collaged Hearts set and black archival, stamping it several times over both pages, echoing the GP hearts in theme.
Close up of one of the hearts.

To finish, I stamped the two sentiments from the Collaged Hearts set, on Heavyweight Smoothy card, and edged with Black Soot distress ink, and mounting with 3d foam pads.

19 comments:

sam21ski said...

Oooh you did a great job with this, the stencilling came out great and loving the texture of your hearts

Sam xx

Lin said...

this is great Helen..I haven't had a chance to try my doiley stencils..they look fab xx

Pinksparklegirl said...

Absolutely love this, great page

craftimamma said...

Wonderful pages Helen! The doily stencil is beautiful and am thinking I ought to have got at least one of the doilies ............ as if I didn't buy enough, lol! I did get the heart collage one though ;-).

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Julie Lee said...

Helen, this looks sensational! I am just dying to use that stencil now! I love the colours you used and the GP hearts go so well. Superb spread! Julie Ann xxx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Great page Helen. Those stencils are lush x

Netty said...

wow loving those fab stencils, great page Helen, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant - love how you've completed the already beautiful pages. The textured hearts are yummy, and I love the words.
Alison xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

mm Helen I spy with my little eye on your desk below some more new stash :D surprise surprise!

some lovley work here .. great deets thanks for sharing!
God's blessing on you and those you love this Eastertime, Shaz in Oz.x #60

Gabrielle said...

LOVE this page Helen! The colours, those AMAZING doilies and beautifully textural hearts - love, love, love it x

ElizabethR said...

Lovely pages that stencil is gorgeous. Happy Easter Hun, Elizabeth xxx

Carmen said...

Absolutely wonderful Helen. I think this is up there in my all time favourites of yours. Love it.

Jacqui Chimes said...

Lovely page

Anonymous said...

I love this, it turned out wonderfully well. The stencilling looks great & I love the hearts.

Hazel Agnew said...

Really love this Helen. Such a fab stencil and you have done a great job with it. X

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant page Helen, love what you did with those stencils!!! And yes, aren't they brilliant? The blue and white make such a good contrast on the pages and I love the texture on those hearts!

Lovely to meet you at Ally Pally, can't believe it's nearly a week ago already.....

Claudia N. said...

Awesome! Fantastic colours and textures and I love your play with the stencils a lot! Driven to utter perfection!

Thank you so much for the lovely comment on my sponsor spotlight over at OurCreativeCorner! You made my day!

Servus from Vienna and Happy Easter!
Claudia x

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! x

Darcy Marshall said...

wow thats gorgeous Helen.