Saturday 9 November 2013

A Darcy Challenge

Happy Saturday to you - I am listening to my  beloved Liverpool thrash Fulham in the league, on the radio, and making Christmas cards... Darcy recently set a challenge to win a set of her stamps, by asking us to make as many different cards as possible using one stamp. So....

I didn't quite make it to 6 completely different ones, here are the 4 that I did...
 Stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with watercolour pencils. Edged with distress ink (iced spruce)
Sprayed Dylusions ink on dampened watercolour paper (funky fuschia and white linen) , fussy cut out (I am only doing one of these I hate fussy cutting!)  Stamp a large Christmas greetings background stamp on a card, edge in picked raspberry distress ink and added glitter.
Coloured with Inktense watercolour pencils.
 variation on a theme (I've done several in this colour combination as you will see below..)
Loved doing this, (to be honest I haven't done them all today, but I haven't blogged them before so I am allowed to enter them into Darcy's challenge!) but I think I'll go onto something that doesn't need so much colouring in now....!!

You have till noon tomorrow if you fancy taking up Darcy's challenge.

9 comments:

craftimamma said...

Well done Helen, they're great! I have only managed 2 so far ;-( so it will be a miracle if I get enough to enter but I'll keep going. You never know by about 4 am tomorrow I might double it, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

sam21ski said...

OMGosh at the second one, it's extremely PINK!!!

Love the other 3 though!! Great colouring and fab to see them used in different ways on the different types of card with different mediums.

Sam xx

Darcy Marshall said...

Fabulous cards Helen, thanks for playing. I really love the subtle edging on the first one. I might have to get that colour distress, very delicate. My fave is the last one with the top border and the corner sentiment. The text stamped twice like that is very effective.

craftytrog said...

Golly you have been busy Helen! These look fab, love the blue tree!

massofhair said...

Fab set of cards Helen! Not into pink myself but think it is very bright & festive...
My fave is the last one as like how you have added a corner sentiment:-)

Anonymous said...

They are fantastic, I love the pink tree.

Etsuko said...

How beautiful you have created Darcy's X'mas trees are. Wonderful!

brenda said...

Good morning, here on my virtual c/p visits again just to let you know I’ve taken a peek at your latest makes. Hope you have a good Sunday.

Liked the scoreline.

B x

Words and Pictures said...

What a brilliant stamp that is, and I love all your variations on a theme... Strangely for me, I find myself veering towards the pink one as my favourite!!
Alison x