Sunday 1 September 2013

Fragile Flutterbies

Hello, again!

I had some spare paint on my craft mat earlier which I used up in my journal, as always... it's Blood Orange Fresco by Paperartsy.

I also had the Red Geranium archival ink by Wendy Vecchi that I hadn't tried out.... and my Stampotique butterfly...
I stamped part of a script stamp (Wendy's Watering Can archival, whch is a dark grey, as you may expect) and the flourish (both Paperartsy stamps) in black.. I sanded the whole page back and then added the numbers (Paperartsy, in the Red Geranium ink again)  The 'fragile' stamp is from Wendy Vecchi's 'My Kind of Art' set; stamped in black archival on a scrap of white card, edged with Black Soot distress. I doodled spots in the wings of the butterflies with my white Sharpie pen.

10 comments:

Lin said...

great page Helen...that butterfly stamp is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page. Love the butterflies & the colour is great.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love the colour of blood orange... I really must get that one! x

massofhair said...

FAB page, great colours. Blood Orange is turning out to be a very popular colour! :-)

Lori said...

Beautiful page Helen! I love the butterflies!

brenda said...

Pink and butterflies so this is right up my street Helen.

Top of the table, top of the table - felt like dancing on it as well at full time.

B x

voodoo vixen said...

Love the colours and the butterflies (which look like moths to me) are stunning! Love that handle with care stamp too!

sam21ski said...

WOW great depth of colour to these pages - lovely

Sam xxx

Carmen said...

I actually thought the wings were shimmering - that you had put some kind of sparkle on them - that's a great effect with the dots! I love this page Helen :)

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious... had thought I didn't need the Geranium or Watering Can - and now I'm re-thinking (thanks for that!). Really fabulous page - the white doodling is a brilliant final touch.
Alison x