Saturday 7 September 2013

Follow Your Heart....

.... to new stamps!

The wonderfully talented Darcy Wilkinson, most recently seen guesting on Paperartsy's blog has designed some stamps for them, and it would have been rude not to rush straight to buy some - well, wouldn't it?!

So after dinner last night, I had a little play - in my journal to start with... It got too dark and my eyes too tired to see properly to finish it last night... so here it is.. Basic play this, but fun none the less.... now tell me you don't want the stamps too!


I painted the page with Nougat Fresco, then
 I stamped the hearts on a vine round three edges of my page, just using black archival.

Stamped the big heart and Follow your Heart  and then I took the diddy little heart - all from the same set, as you can see!  -  and stamped it multiple times, trying to ensure it trailed or hung from the vines.
Time for painting! This was the basic colouring, that I got to last night - I used Blood Orange and Claret, and Hey Pesto for the vines.
 This morning it was time to add some depth of colour, now that I could (more or less!) see - it kept going dark, trying to rain again - using the same paints, plus London Bus too.

The zip is painted with Pewter, and I added some Limelight to the vines.

Finally, a white Sharpie marker added some high spots to the bigger of the hearts.
probably shouldn't have included the close up, you can see my poor brush work! (I still remember that at school - about 5, first year of infants, being told off - well caught out really, for changing pen direction when trying to colour in an orange balloon (or ball, it may have been, a circle, for sure!) when we'd been told not too, because it would show up...... the things we remember, eh!!)

A big fat thanks to Darcy for designing these fabulous hearts - and to Paperartsy for putting them into rubber.... off to play with the other set now!!

18 comments:

Steven said...

Love it Helen! So jealous, picking my stamps up when home at the end of month so have to sit and wait!!!

Lin said...

Great page Helen and there's nothing wrong with your brush work..adds to the grungy feel!! This stamps are a definite must!!!

craftimamma said...

What a lovely page Helen! You've sold me ....... I gotta have 'em! Maybe I can sneak a trip to the Stampmagic show at Donny next month. As Lin said, I can't see anything wrong with your brush work! The white highlights are great too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

sam21ski said...

Oh wow fantastic shading, love your white flecks on them too, they look real!!!

Fab inspiration.

Sam xx

Gabrielle said...

I LOVE this! You are so right - I WANT those stamps now!

Darcy Marshall said...

Fabulous Helen you really got great depth with the darker shading, inspired me to find time to get a journal page done too.

Inkypinkycraft said...

Looks great , some great stamps and the colours look great x hugs trace. X

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super page and lush stamps. Sounds like you need an Ottlite. Highly recommend one, I have a small desk one and it means I can keep crafting no matter how dark. One of my most useful things I bought ever I reckon!! Take care Zo xx

Brenda Brown said...

Great page, love how you have used the stamps.
hugs {brenda} x0x

brenda said...

A lovely journaling as always Helen.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I want these stamps even more! Can't wait for payday...

jojo79 said...

Lovely page Helen. Really want theses stamps now!

Jo
x

massofhair said...

Lovely journal page using Darcy's stamp images. Can see why you just 'had to play' lol :-)

Krisha said...

Lovely set of stamps to play with. Like what you did with them in your journal.

Carmen said...

How mean of teacher to tell you off like that. Maybe you were going for that effect :-)

Loving seeing Darcy's hearts being used in so many different ways!

Carmen said...

How mean of teacher to tell you off like that. Maybe you were going for that effect :-)

Loving seeing Darcy's hearts being used in so many different ways!

Words and Pictures said...

Love what you've done with Darcy's stamps here - gorgeous... And I think it's time to exorcise that mean teacher - show her this and then tell her to disappear (only in more Anglo-Saxon terms, perhaps...).
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Love that! Such a gorgeous page.