Sunday 29 September 2013

A fabulous weekend...

I've just (literally, 90 minutes ago!) got home home a fantastic weekend just outside Milton Keynes with some lovely blogging/twitter friends where we took two classes with the amazingly talented Lin Brown (one of which is available for you to take too - check here for info - spaces still available!)

So, although it was a busy, tiring but overall FUN weekend, I just had to get the second project from today, finished (mainly so I remembered what I had left to do....) and now I can share it with you. There are LOTS of pictures!

 Lin S and I travelled up by train from Euston and Lin collected us at Milton Keynes, where we proceeded to the gorgeous Bead Scene shop and helped set up... here it is all ready to go!
 In full swing on project one - L-R - Lesley, Jaqui and Lin
my first project in it's early stages..
This is called Life is Good and as mentioned above, Lin is doing this class again.... if you get a chance, GO!
hard at work, Sam's taking millions of photos as usual...  for the finished projects see the end of the post!
L-R from front left - Jacqui, Sam, Lin, Lin, Jax,
Janet and Emma
 We all went out to dinner afterwards.... Sam took more photos in the restaurant than I did...
 Sunday (don't ask about the hotel! Just don't go to the Travel Lodge at Old Stratford....)

Emma and Sam, and Lin working hard!

Day two's project  - a hinged double frame-type-thingy (sorry, Lin, not sure what this was called!!)

 went for greens not blues today...
 all hard at work again













class photo after "school" - look at the gorgeous sun! And thanks to Karen who came over to see what we'd been up to, for being star photographer for us all.

L-R back row - Emma, Jax, Lin, Lesley, Janet
L-R seating - Sam, me, Jacqui, Lin.

the gorgeous stable courtyards where the classes are held - so pretty!

this is the class room/shop itself (ooh must show you what I bought.. cos it would have been rude (and impossible) to go away without shopping. )



beads, buttons, fabric.... lace.... scrummy stuff!












This is my 2nd project.... a hinged niche piece.. This is the front




 Inside right
 back and front
front again
inside left - love the niche
inside right
 and the Saturday project... Life is Good indeed!
I chose shades of blue, I think everyone had different colours, and I did have some of everyone's projects somewhere!!
 details

got some good crackle going on!
Thanks to Lin for giving these classes - they really were the first I've ever done! We all had a great weekend.

15 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

Fabulous photos Helen, looks like you had an awesome time.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog post, great to see you all having such a lovely time & your projects are gorgeous.

Julie Lee said...

Wow! Helen this is sooo gorgeous! I see you've incorporated one of those little birds that found its way into your bag!!! I love it! The Bead Scene looks like a lovely place too! I should so like to go to one of these classes sometime. I love what I've seen of Lin's work. Thank you for sharing your great weekend! I put off going to bed to catch up! Julie Ann xx

Unknown said...

Fab blog post my lovely! Great photos too...not to mention the cool projects! Glad u all had a great time! xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Looks like a really great weekend, Helen, and your projects are beautiful... and what a speedy turnaround to have it all up on the blog so fast!! Thanks for sharing all those fab photos.
Alison xx

craftimamma said...

What an absolutely smashing weekend it was eh, Helen! It was great to meet you and all our other twitter/blogger friends and the classes were magic! Lin was so patient with slow coaches like me and this lunchtime I was convinced I was not going to have a second awesome project to come home with but with Lin's help I got there, lol!

Both your projects are fabulous and, as usual, although they look great in photos, irl they are stunning.

Thanks for bringing that wonderful journal for us to have a look at too!

Hope we get to do it again at some point.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous projects, lovely design . Great to read about your workshop with Lin, looks fabulous and the results are wonderful. Tracy x

BJ said...

Looks brill - bet you are shattered! Should be up for Craft Club on Tuesday evening how about you? BJ

Julia Dunnit said...

What a fab first workshop experience! that's you hooked then I'd say! Love the colours that you chose, specially for the niche book, the green is gorgeous.

brenda said...

As always stunning work and great photos Helen, thank you for sharing.

B x

yoursartfully said...

Oh my goodness Helen, I can't believe that you had the energy to blog about this last night!! Lesley is right, your projects are even better in real life, It's so hard to take photographs that do justice to your work.

I am so pleased that you were able to join me for such a fun packed weekend, you girls were the best.

Lin x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Looks like you had a fab time and I recognise that Emma! How fab a location too, reminds me of a craft shop there used to be in the next village from here. It's moved now but it was similar looking outside!! Take care Zo xx

Gabrielle said...

Thrilled you had such a fantastic time (we'll not mention the TraveLodge!) It was wonderful to see you xxx

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous projects! Looks like a fab weekend! Lucky you!

sam21ski said...

Wasn't it just a fantastic weekend. Really great to meet up with everyone again, it's been a long time since Ally Pally!!!

And what gorgeous projects we all made from the same stuff but how very different they all came out.

Can't wait to do it again sometime.

Sam xxx