Tuesday 6 August 2013

Pink for a Girl?

I started this pair of journal pages as so often, with leftover paint on my craft mat... and an idea was born!

 the right hand side was blue - I can't remember what Fresco colour paint the blue was now,  but vanilla is the other one.

I used various of the Sara Naumann Eclectica journalling stamps over both pages, using archival inks in cobalt, aquamarine and black
the pink page on the left, was mopped up Picked Raspberry distress ink and again vanilla Fresco.

The same stamps were used, but using magenta hue, vermillion and black archivals.




 I then gave both pages a light wash with watered down vanilla fresco
before stamping the Lin Brown tulip twice on black card, using respectively, vintage lace, very berry and rusty rose, and ice blue, pea coat and south pacific.

I cut the petals from the second  flower to layer up on the base flower.

The leaves are stamped using holly and a smidge of limelight frescos.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're great, I love the colours.

Lin said...

wow early bird lol!!! great pages Helen..love how you've changed the colour on each page..looks really interesting!!

Gabrielle said...

I know I say this a lot but I truly admire your journal pages and these are bea-u-tiful. I love the similarity if the pages and how those two colours are so bright and different and utterly complementary - opposites do attract! You're a clever bunny! Mwah xxx

Carmen said...

Exactly what Gabrielle said :) I love that the text says reflections...

Julie Lee said...

I love the way you've used inks and paint to create such a beautiful effect Helen and the colours are wonderful! Julie Ann x

snazzyoriginal said...

Love these pages, so interesting the effect of simply changing the colour scheme. Off to have a think lol xx

sam21ski said...

Oooh very nice contrast

Sam xxx

Lori said...

Nice pages Helen! Love the colors!

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely idea to have the contrasting pages... pink is clearly the colour of the week! Sorry to be behind - my internet's been playing up, so I'm sitting in Caffe Nero trying to do some catching up... have a great weekend!
Alison x