Saturday 10 August 2013

Create Memories - Journal Page

More leftover paint on a journal page started this one off!! 

 I was trying to drip some gesso down the page, but thin though my tub of gesso is, it wouldn't drip far, so I used my gelli plate comb (not that I have a gelli plate!) to drag the gesso down the page.  Then I did the same from the bottom up, to meet in the middle.

Stamps are Dylusions, in cobalt archival.

Next to my favourite prim poppies die, (need to cut some more in black and white!) which I glued on.   Then the hunt started for some large single word stamps... luckily I remembered these (the Artistic Stamper) - perfect! 

10 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely pages Helen!!I really like that gesso effect and the poppies are fab...these colours go really nice together!!

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous page. The poppies look so good against the background.

Julie Lee said...

Wow! That gelli plate comb made a terrific effect, even if you don't have a gelli plate! These pages are really dramatic; I love those poppies! Julie Ann xx

Hettie said...

Great page there Helen. Love the poppies.
xx

sam21ski said...

Oh wow, another terrific page Helen

Sam xxx

Inkypinkycraft said...

great pages and colours x love the poppy die cuuts x hugs x trace x

Words and Pictures said...

LOVE this page, Helen - the background is scrummy and the black&white flowers look amazing against it.
Alison x

Jacqui Chimes said...

Very pretty - Ive just ordered that die!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Those poppies are superb. I like them a LOT. And the strips of gesso are the perfect addition to your page. And here I thought I was the only person left on the planet who didn't own a Gelli.

craftimamma said...

What a gorgeous page Helen. Beautiful colours and I love you ability to find an alternative when things don't behave as you want them to. That die has been on my wish list for a while but it's just jumped to the top! The big words look great!

Hugs
Lesley Xx