Wednesday 15 May 2013

Dragons Dream - Tag It On

This fortnight's theme is chosen by the lovely Monique who has had to call time on her DT membership with us at Dragons Dream - we'd like you to use on your tag, yellow, lightbulb and wires.  Don't forget to use one real stamp, too.

I decided to use my lightbulb somewhat differently.... it's broken free and is flying away for an adventure!

The lightbulb itself is a chipboard shape I got given at a show from a demo by Jennie (the Artistic Stamper) and whose top decoration has fallen off (oops) ... she stocks the chipboard shapes though

anyhow,I covered my tag with Mustard Seed distress stain and stencilled the cityscape (stencil by the Crafters Workshop) in black soot distress ink. I stencilled some white stars using snowflake fresco paint.

the wings for the flying lightbulb are part of a 'time flies' stamp from Paperartsy coloured with squeezed lemonade distress, and the text is by Wendy Vecchi. The wires are some thin fuse wire I had lying around and are glued to the back of the bulb.

12 comments:

brenda said...

Up up and away comes to mind Helen, great idea going upwards from the silhouette buildings.

I imagine you heard Carra is going to Sky, do you think we will ever understand him, he's so broad it's like a foreign language all of his own.

B x

flutterbycrafter said...

What a great take on the theme, I love the idea of the light bulb just flying away, it's gorgeous xx

ElizabethR said...

Great tag Helen, but I can't get the Nimble Bread themetune out of my head lol. Elizabeth x

Lin said...

This great Helen very funky!!! Love that stencil :D

Julie Lee said...

Oh my goodness! The nimble bread theme! I'd forgotten that part of my childhood. This is a really great whacky creation. So imaginative. What a challenge this time - and I thought the last one was challenging! x Julie Ann

Hettie said...

Great tag Helen!! Love it!
BTW Claire loved her card!!
Hugs
xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love your lightbulb making a break for freedom... very cool!
Alison x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, love your rocket bulb.

Inkypinkycraft said...

A really cool take on the challenge trace x

craftytrog said...

A very tricky challenge, but you came up trumps with this fab tag Helen! x

Virginia said...

Oh I love the flying light bulb fabulous stuff! I'm currently on the look out for a brain in a jar stamp but don't think it will be forthcoming LOL

sam21ski said...

Great tag and your light bulb reminds me of a spaceship!!!

Shall try and join in!!

Sam xxx