Wednesday 17 April 2013

TIO - DragonsDream #139 - pink, fabric & a face

Welcome back to the Dragons Dream Tag It On challenge - this fortnight we'd like you to make a tag, including pink, fabric and a face... don't forget also to use one real stamp on your tag.

I decided to use some of the cotton canvas I bought at the Creative Stitches and Hobby Craft show I went to recently at the London Excel centre....

 I die cut a tag shape with my Tim Holtz large tag die, and spritzed it with water before using Bubblegum Pink and White Linen Dylusion sprays.

 Then stamped this face (Wendy Vecchi) onto the tag, and the sentiment (also Wendy Vecchi) on a scrap piece of the canvas from the die cut surround.. and yes, that is a needle and cotton - ME - sewing, lol!!
I added a little rough and ready running back stitch (I think, lol!) to sew the sentiment to the tag base (after gluing it to hold it in place while I sewed...)

Stuck the canvas tag onto black card and cut to tag shape









Added a piece of satin ribbon which I sponged with the Picked Raspberry distress ink, and some little flowers that I sprayed with bubblegum pink and some Perfect Pearls mist.  Drew some white stitches round the black card.

Do stop by the Dragons Dream blog to see my team mates gorgeous tags, and we hope to see you join in with us!

7 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

a really fab make , love the black against the vibrant pink hugs trace x

sam21ski said...

Oooh fantastic tag Helen

I would love to join in but not too keen on the colour. Have already had to make 3 atc's, people will think I've gone soppy if they find a tag too - lol

Sam xxx

May said...

Gorgeous tag Helen, Love the black & pink... Great image.. Love your take on the recipe... Hugs May x x x

Carmen said...

Sewing now as well! Love the layers in this and that in your face pink against the black. She does look a sassy one!

ElizabethR said...

oooooow gorgeous tag Helen I love it, abd I think we could all tell a few tales lol. Elizabeth xxxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous, love the bright pink.

Words and Pictures said...

What a perfect sentiment for this beauty... she really does have a certain look in her eye! Fabulous pinks (I will try again soon, honest!)...
Alison x