Sunday 10 February 2013

Journalling for fun

Took a break from making art for a purpose - I have been working on these couple of pages over the past couple of days,  just for fun.

Of course I used my favourite Paperartsy Fresco paints and stamps - well, you have to!!

Te first one is mainly Claret, Eggplant and some Snowflake wiped over the top, but all sorts of other colours smooshed around over the stencilled 'leafy vine' (applied Ferro paste) The image of Dina Wakely's Sillhouette Script girl is stamped with distress embossing ink onto Paperartsy Smoothy paper and coloured with pan pastels (magenta extra dark, turquoise shade, phthalo blue shade and violet extra dark) before highlighting the script with titanium white.  After cutting it out, I edged it with black soot distress ink to make it stand out a bit from the background. The background script is a Paperartsy stamp.

The second page is using the gorgeous flower stamps from Jo Firth-Young for Paperartsy. (Can't wait to see the new ones - we are hinted that we will see them later this week....) The background is Guacamole and I used all kinds of greens (hyde park, limelight, hey pesto) for the grasses.  The flowers are done with claret, eggplant, zesty zing and (I think) butternut. I should have stamped the script before I started the flowers, but didn't, so I used the 'rolling' technique to get just parts of the text across the background and then painted over any bits I didn't want!!
Sorry the photos are so crap, the light is awful - it is mid-day and raining but I refuse to put the light on!

11 comments:

Ann B said...

Great journal pages Helen, the first is my favourite - love the colours.
Was watching Leandra's latest video and I definitely need more Frescos.
Ann B
x

Anonymous said...

Very nice pages!!

sam21ski said...

Great to make fun pieces just for yourself isn't it Helen and fab they are too.

Sam xxx

Annie said...

Wow Helen...I love these pages, particularly like the texture on the first one. Hoping to use some texture paste on some of my projects.

Have fun

Annie x

PaperArtsy said...

Fabulous Helen. Everyone seems to be on an eggplant claret kick at the moment!!

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I love how soft and muted these are! Beautiful...

Alison said...

Two fabulous pages Helen! Reminds me, I haven't played with my Dina stamps for ages!
Alison x

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Love all your paprertsy stuff! Cant find your WOYWW post, that's what I was looking for to reply to.

Sorry I am so late posting, having a mare of a time.

Clare

Angelnorth said...

These look great Helen, nice use of the Jo FY stamps! As you know, you won the Tando spot prize on the Craft Stamper blog hop - please e-mail me (there's a "contact me" link on my blog) so I can hook you up with Tando and you can claim your prize!

Virginia said...

I love how the outline of the person looks 3 dimensional - fabulous stuff!

Words and Pictures said...

How beautiful... love the atmospheric first page - I've been struggling a bit with Claret, and giving it that whitewash makes it much friendlier! And the flowers look gorgeous - fresh, playful colours...
Alison x