Saturday 19 January 2013

Texture on a tag

Good afternoon - tis mighty chilly still everywhere and I am not going out till I have to! So I have been playing on a tag (it's a small one, size 5 I think), and of course, Paperartsy Fresco paints...

 I started by painting the tag with Mermaid, and then applied some Ferro paste through the leafy vine stencil (also available from Paperartsy) with a palette knife.  By the time I had cleaned off the stencil, the Ferro was more or less dry, just a quick zap with the heat gun.
Then time to play with more Fresco's - all sorts blended here, but Beach Hut, Snowflake, Guacamole and Claret.  I used a brush for the tag but cut and dry to apply Claret over the stencilled area so I could control it more, just hitting the high spots.  I did however blend a little claret to the edges for a bit of contrast.

I used a Mini script stamp (can't have too many of these) in Faded Jeans distress ink, but additional brushing has softened that a bit, so have also used some blue archival ink too.
The finishing touch was some yarn - last time I went to craft club, my sister in law had bought some balls of knitting wool (not that I could imagine knitting with this, it's a bit bobbly!) to cut up into lengths and I grabbed one! You can't really see from the photo due to the appalling light, meaning I have had to use flash, but it does have bluey tones to some of it, so it does match the tag!

This was great fun...off to play some more now!  It is high time I did something productive with my day!

14 comments:

Minxy said...

Beautiful Helen, love the soft romantic feel to it.

yoursartfully said...

Fab tag Helen, love the colour combo. This snowbound malarky certainly has it's plus points, we are all at home making good creative use of our time.
Lin x

Alison said...

Looks lovely Helen! Great colours! x

Gillian .... said...

Love the combination of blue and claret, fab tag Helen. x

Jo said...

Love the colour combination, really soft but classic as well. Jo xx

Jacqui Chimes said...

Very pretty tag

Virginia said...

Gorgeous hun!

Inkypinkycraft said...

really gorgeous, love the texture and beautiful feel to the colours you have used ! Trace x
cannot wait for my new colours to come!

sam21ski said...

Another fab tag Helen

Love how you've hi-lighted the stencil image with the claret.

Sam xxx

flutterbycrafter said...

A very pretty tag in lovely colours xx

Anonymous said...

That is lovely. The claret on the vine looks so good against the blues on the rest of the tag.

Michelle Webb said...

What a great tag Helen, you've used brilliant techniques on there. I love that you used some of the claret that was still on your sponge to distress the edges, I like it, it brings the whole tag together. The text is a great accent too. Wonderful work. Michelle xx

Carmen said...

Gorgeous colours, I really love the texture of that ferro stuff. Really need to get some of that. Another gorgeous tag Helen.

Faye said...

It's fab Helen love te colours you have used