Sunday 27 January 2013

She was just...

... a lonely girl.

I was rooting through my scraps box earlier and came across an image of Lonely Girl (Dina Wakely) stamped and painted on fabric, so decided to make her a page in the journal.

I painted a double page with Mermaid Fresco paint, and stencilled a border (one of Dyan Reaveley's) in Pea Coat round the outer edges.

I did the fabric painting so long ago I don't know which colours I used, but it looks like Claret, Baltic Blue and Snowflake!

I used a set of alphabet stamps that I stamped in Pea Coat, (there is no maker on the box but I think they were from Hero Arts) to spell out 'she was just a lonely girl'.

6 comments:

sam21ski said...

See you're getting an expert on those colours now Helen

Great pages

Sam xxx

Hettie said...

Very nice there Helen. Love the border around the pages.
x

Carmen said...

AAAAAAAAAARGH! Have you ever watched Benidorm? Craig got the box set for Christmas. One of the episodes a character sings 'Lonely Girl' really, really badly. Have had it stuck in my head for days. Had just got rid of it... And now...

But your pages are truly gorgeous, I do love how you use that stamp. Different every time.

Inkypinkycraft said...

Lovethe colours youbhave put together! Great pages trace x

Virginia said...

Gorgeous page and how fabulous to use up the fabric image that you've had an age!

Alison said...

She looks fab! I love the border & lettering too! x