Monday 29 October 2012

Crafty Boots - Tag/Invitation

Morning!! time for another DT inspired challenge from Crafty Boots.  The theme this time is for a gift tag or invitation.

I decided to invent a Halloween party and you're all invited!!

 I used Dylusion spray inks in Halloweeny oranges and purples to colour my tag.  My witch is by Stampotique and her hat is a Dylusion stamp from the Love Struck Lucy set - which has circles all over it, so I used the back and coloured it black, I hand drew a rim round the hat before cutting it out.

The little pumpkins are from a cake case (fondant fancies in a Halloween edition called Frankenstein fancies - vivid green!) which happened to be a spare - I found a double on a cake so it wasn't all messy - and I just cut them out from the case.
Hopefully it doesn't look more like a cowboy hat than a witch's hat!!

Added some orange and black ribbons.
Sorry about the rubbish pictures, it has been very gloomy here today!


10 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Now that is a party I'd like to go to! Love your witch and the blood red background! Fabulous!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Amazing tag, it really captures that spooky feeling of Halloween and I love your inventive re-cycling.

Dionne xx

Michelle Webb said...

I'll be there, will there be a spooky naughty punch? Love your tag. Michelle x

Hels Sheridan said...

am getting my broomstick ready Helen... I love a good Hallowe'en party, love your witch and her hat is coooool! x

Mrs Beez said...

Lovely tag - ingenious use of cake wrappers ! Wish I thought of that - especially as it was me that ate nearly all of them! Maybe I just get another box?!

brenda said...

Having the same photo problems at this end Helen, but can still get the gist of the lovely fusion of colours on your tag.

B x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a beautiful tag, really love every detail.

Anonymous said...

What a fun tag! I'd like to party with that spooky girl! xo Evie

Words and Pictures said...

Very cool tag - love the little pumpkins hovering in the background!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Love this tag!