Wednesday 11 July 2012

Simon Says Challenge - Layered

I know, I am back again - can't believe this will be post no 3 for today. Sorry!!
This week's challenge set by Simon Says, is right up my street... "Layered". again, how we show the layers is up to us.  I have gone for literally, layers, in my journal. I have managed 10 at least!

This is the finished page.


 (1)  Gesso, (2) texture (Terra paste)in the corners, then also gesso'd.
(3) Masking tape - randomly applied.
(4) Fresco paints - Pumpkin Soup, applied with a brush, then partly wiped off with a baby wipe,  French Roast applied just randomly with a baby wipe, then (5) stencilling through the reverse chicken wire (as someone who saw this on my WOYWW desk yesterday said, it looks like honeycomb). Think I used vintage photo for the stencilling, I forgot to write it down.
More stencilling  - does this count as (6)? with the sequin waste stencil.I say yes! Layer  (7) stamping - Dina Wakely 'grungy circles' in coffee archival ink.
Layer (8) Dina Wakely's Lonely Girl, stamped in black archival on Paperartsy crackly tissue (a friend gave me a sheet of this on the way home from the Craft Barn the week before last - thanks Kay - I must get some of this!) and coloured with pan pastels on front, and then painted white on the reverse to make the image stand out. (do 2 layers of colour count as 2 more layers?.....)
(9) Butterflies -(Wendy Vecchi stamp) on a piece of cardstock, and coloured - distress inks and then painted with Paperartsy Fresco paint in pewter. (2 more layers of colour?! or am I pushing the count here!!)

finally, two pieces of (10) text (from the Art Sayings plate by Sam Poole.
Thanks to Simon Says for this fab challenge, I really had fun playing...I know there isn't an extra competition for the number of layers, but I had fun piling them on......and once again there is a $50 voucher for the amazing Simon Says store to one lucky winner....Thanks for looking

13 comments:

sam21ski said...

Wow - 10 layers, amazing!!!

Sam xxx

Artyjen said...

Fabulous layers and gorgeous page;)
xoxo Sioux

Monique's art said...

awesome, love the layers looks great

flutterbycrafter said...

Gosh you've been busy today, but all your works has been fantastic, love this and all the layers are gorgeous xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous layers project Helen, I love love that pumpkin soup paint, I need that one. Fabulous texture and background and I love the added butterflies. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Anna-Karin said...

Gorgeous piece! Love the colours you used and all those wonderful textures. Thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

Carmen said...

Stunning, loving all that texture! Think that lonely girl stamp is another I need to add to my list, I always love it when you use it!

Inkypinkycraft said...

That is lots of layers!! Great colours, and love the textures you have created! Trace x

Gabrielle said...

You are indeed the mistress of all things journal. I bow to your brilliance! Show me NOW how to get all this incredible texture etc.

*please!!!!!!!!!!!

Trish Latimer said...

Gorgeous! Full of depth, texture and colours...love it!! Trish x

Marjie Kemper said...

Love, love, LOVE this! Super layers and texture and you just cannot go wrong with that DW stamp!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic page, love all the texture and layers.

Sue said...

Really REALLY like this one, it's grungy and dirrrrty and just fab! x