Monday 14 May 2012

Home Sweet Home

I took delivery of some Core-dinations paper stacks today and so had to try them out....

I started by die-cutting a paper rosette in scattered straw to make a sun, and the row of houses from brushed corduroy.

I stamped the three houses (Paperbag Studios) on a piece of white card and sponged some sky (stormy sky) round them. Added some colour to the houses (iced spruce and antique linen)

Mounted it on a piece of black card and the whole to a large 8x8 card blank and wrote Home Sweet Home with a dipping nib and india ink.
On first play with the core-dinations paper I think the darker colours sand down better than the pale ones.   But I have lots to try out!!  It doesn't help that I had to use the flash either..

11 comments:

sam21ski said...

Looks good for a first play Helen. Love your houses.

Sam xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Ooh they do sand down better, but after you've sanded the pale ones, you can sort of stain the sanding and you get a different sort of two tone! OMGee, I've actually played with a product!!!

Hettie said...

Gorgeous picture Helen and I will have to check out Julia's comment too!

Monique's art said...

love the little houses, turned out great

brenda said...

Love the row of quirky houses Helen.

I'm a big Coredination fan as well and like you prefer the darker colours as they so sand down better. I also like the Black Magic one as they all give a great contrast.

I though the last couple of minutes on Sunday (forgetting us) was a breath of fresh air.

B x

Hels Sheridan said...

I love the Coredinations too... just got myself a diddy pack of the Distress colours... I always use more browns and greens than the others, shame we can't get a pack with just those in lol LOVE your card, the houses are so sweet... hope you having a good week x

Gabrielle said...

This looks great! Those houses are fabulous! Glad you enjoyed your play, the more you use them the more possibilities you'll find...! I haven't used the Scattered Straw yet, must put that right!

Claire said...

sorry, i'm only now replying, it's been a long week...
many thanks for dropping by and leaving a note last WOYWW - it's much appreciated :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm loving this and thanks for the peek at this product I have read about, but never seen. You come up with the most FANTASTIC products!

Kim Dellow said...

Ooo great bit of play Helen! Kim

Carmen said...

I've only tried the black with (I think) purple underneath and that really showed up well, especially with the edges distressed. I really love that row of houses, is that the die you used on my card when I moved in? I may have to invest in that one - don't suppose you have a linky?