Wednesday 18 April 2012

Dragons Dream TIO - The Secret Garden

Welcome to another TIO challenge - we have reached the end of our book titles with Frankie herself choosing "The Secret Garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett.  I am sure I must have read this as a little girl, we certainly had a copy at home.

I have done a double tag for this complete with secret opening, of course!

 The entrance to my secret garden is a stamp by Hero Arts. The tags are coloured with distress stains in tumbled glass, bundled sage and peeled paint distress ink. I removed some of the colour from the front as it was too dark.
I twisted some wire around the tags.







stamps inside are by Paperartsy with the weeds from Wendy Vecchi, and the larger single bird is Inkadinkado.















I'd like to add my own welcome to our new DT members - hope you have fun with us!

17 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous! The details are incredible, too.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fantastic idea, your tag looks wonderful.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely secret garden tag, love the cut away area and the images. Tracy x

CraftygasheadZo said...

It's a fab tag, love the sneaky peek through. Zo xx

Gabrielle said...

You clever bunny! I love those stamps - I should get some *ducks*!!!! I adore your tag - super clever way to bring in a secret to your Secret Garden!

ElizabethR said...

Your very own secret garden, I love it! Elizabeth xxx

Artyjen said...

Fabby....love the peeking element through to the back tag ;)
xoxo Sioux

Inkypinkycraft said...

Lovely detail, and great stamps! Love the double tag. Hugs trace x

Monique's art said...

very beautiful tag and a great idea to have a sneak peak in it

Angela said...

Love the secret garden tag!

Carmen said...

This is amazing - love the idea of you incorporating your own Secret Garden :)

Alison said...

Brilliant idea! Love it Helen! x

Lori said...

How cool is this??!! Wonderful work Helen, love this idea!

Jacqueline said...

THAT is beautiful!! Love the idea of the cut out on the front.!

Thanks for the comments on my blog! You were right though...I found lesson 5 for the Altered Book REALLY challenging and it took me aaaaages to get my head round things, but I got there in the end.

I just chose flowers because it was an easy-ish subject...just went with two colours that went together (unity) A big flower (emphasis) and smaller ones (repetition)...and so on... not sure if that really makes any sense but hope it helps a little.

Take care and thanks for sharing your gorgeous work!

Jackie x

catherine said...

This is a fantastic tag and love the way you have put it together
x catherine

Sue said...

This is beautiful Helen, and I love your little 'secret'. Thanks so much for the welcome, I'm really excited to be joining you (and a little scared too) lol x

Michelle Webb said...

What a fab idea, love the colour and the stamping. Michelle x