Friday 23 March 2012

Break out the new stamps...

Well, I started this journal page several days ago but it got kind of stuck - until my new stamps that you saw on Wednesday, arrived.

I used Fresco paints - moonlight on the background, and claret and pansy for the stencilling  - and I've hidden the bingo stencilling with some gesso, to blend it into the background.

There is also some distress ink (seedless preserves again!) for the "unbumped" harlequins - I don't think it shows up very well  - which doesn't seem to dry over the paint so I used some perfect pearls mist to seal it - hence the shine in the flash!
The hot air balloon goes so well with this text from the other new set I bought.   I painted the balloon with porftoleo pastels.

I love the idea of a hot air balloon flight - maybe one day!!

9 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

I like this! The balloon looks great against that very cool background.

Carol said...

Lovely Helen. But I would give a balloon flight a VERY wide berth!!! Ok, so do I NEED 'seedless preserves'???!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely, really like the balloon and the stencilled background. Tracy x

brenda said...

Hi Helen

Love the mystical look of the harlequins amongst the hot air balloons.

I dread to think what sort of display we will put on today, getting frightened to watch any more. But as we know, we have the best supporters in the land and the new Brazilian boy did get goal of the week.

Have a good weekend.

B x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Such great pages, love those stamps. Zo xx

Alison said...

More fab pages Helen, the bumping looks great! x

Julia Dunnit said...

Well, the words are so true this could be a revelation! I love the stamps, and the gessoed bingo card. Are you off to AP tomorrow?

Artyjen said...

Lovely page Helen:) If you ever get the chance for that hot air balloon ride take it! Pip got me one for my 40th and it was fabulous!
xoxo Sioux

Ali Manning said...

Your page is lovely - you gotta love news stamps :)