Sunday 5 February 2012

Sunday Stampers - Hearts

Hels' has us all getting in a Valentines mood today with her "hearts" theme for Sunday Stampers.  I actually started this page yesterday which is quite spooky!! Means I had something ready to enter without really trying too hard - just needed some finishing touches.


 Painted the pages white for the ink to grip to better - used the Magenta archival ink pad again (see yesterday). I wanted a patchy slightly uneven ink coverage.

The heart stamp is the giveaway from last month's Craft Stamper magazine and I have been dying to use it.  Stamped it in clear ink and used perfect pearls powder on it for some lovely lilac shimmer.  It stamps beautifully and is a lovely image.

Then today I hand wrote some of the lyrics from Love Is All Around randomly over the pages.  Can't get the song out of my head now!!! I love it.

This was the view from my (first floor) living room window today... just hope it goes soon!
I don't mind snow if I don't need to get anywhere -
like work - so it will be a wellies morning tomorrow so I stay on my feet!
I had a bad fall a couple of years ago that really shook me up even though I was only bruised; and I don't take any chances now, no matter how daft I look on the bus!

6 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, doesn't that look picturesque? No snow here, I'm afraid, though we had plenty of 'freezing rain' and ice. You're right, though - nice to look at but not to go to work in! Great pages - simple and delicate x

Hels Sheridan said...

Yay, you got snow too... so did we, I love the stuff (mmm, deffo in need of help lol) SO... I knew you were doing hearts last night because I used my crystal ball (yep, ever the witch) Thank you for joining in with the Sunday STamper... love your pages! Oh and... thanks for that, I am now humming that song lol x

flutterbycrafter said...

Can't get that sound out of my head now, thanks for that, lol. Great page, love the hearts. We've had around 5" snow, it's been thawing, slowly xx

Alison said...

Love that song Helen! Marti used to live near here, saw him in Waitrose once! Your page is fab btw! x

Lori said...

Ooo, lovely pages! And you're right, safety before fashion! lol! Be careful!

Carmen said...

I can't hear that song without thinking of Bill Nighy! Love that man!

You need to get you some steel toe caps missus. You ain't going nowhere in them. When all around me are flailing and skating in the snow I'm rock steady! Yeah.

Love the journal :)