Saturday 25 February 2012

Sewing - without a machine

I was keen to try out my new texture fade (pattern and stitches) that I received yesterday and got out a canvas to paint - for a change from my journal!

I went for distress stains to colour it - mustard seed and scattered straw, as it has been such a sunny day today I thought I'd celebrate the brightness outside, inside too!


I die cut the sewing room images on sticky back canvas and for the mannequin itself, on a piece of grungepaper as well, and fixed the two together.  I used brushed corduroy DI for the mannequin and sprayed the body only with perfect copper spray.

I cut some strips of rusty coloured mulberry paper and embossed the stitches from the texture fade and fixed them to the canvas.  The top corner looked very bare so rummaged around for some tattered floral die cuts from my stash (see, save everything!) and added a button.

As I was starting this, I saw a tweet from Sarah Hurley reminding me of a challenge on her challenge blogsite, that closes tomorrow - to use die cuts - how perfect is that - so I'm entering it there.

5 comments:

Kaz Hall said...

gorgeous job Helen! feels like proper ages since I last looked in.....ooopsie soz bout that,but so glad I did yummy! will make sure I pop by again soon xx

kaz x x

flutterbycrafter said...

Love the way you've embossed the mulberry paper, such a gorgeous creation xx

Lynn Stevens said...

You know I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing the dress forms, Sweet!
hugs Lynn

Hettie said...

Liking this alot Helen, but it is very close to my heart, as you may well know. This has to be one of the best die and stamp sets Lord Tim has done, in my opinion!

Unknown said...

Lovely Card - thank you for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges!

Sarah x