Monday 30 January 2012

I'm forever blowing bubbles...

Hels' Sunday Stamper challenge this week is based on the song "I'm forever blowing bubbles" which I know as West Ham's club song. Then I saw on a tweet by Suze Weinberg that today is National Bubble Wrap day. (in the US presumably as I've not heard of it here!) Why would you have a Bubble Wrap day???

I decided to use bubble wrap as my method rather than the theme. I made a background on an A4 sheet - using Fresco paints Inky Pool, Sky and London Night.   I had two sizes of bubbles!!


I also spritzed it with blue patina perfect pearls spray.
I also used a tag to mop up the spare paint from my craft sheet, adding some snowcap white.  I used some sequin waste on both the tag and the A4 sheet, and chipped sapphire DI.
I cut part of the A4 sheet using the Tattered Floral die and made some flowers, and punched a few little daisies with the offcuts leftover.

The background on this card is Wendy's bubble stamp, the sentiment one of Tim's.
I used the other flower on the tag.
Best of all is I've still got a large piece of the bubble wrapped paper to use for something else - it's going on the scraps pile!!

10 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

Very effective, you've made fantastic backgrounds Helen and I love the finished results xx

Hettie said...

Lovely card and tags you have made here. Great idea with the bubblewrap. Don't put the paper in the scrap pile, join in the Snippets Challenge with Di. Pop over and you can see the links. Just a thought!

Elaine said...

Great backgrounds you've created there and lovely mix of colours. Perhaps Nat Bubble Wrap day means everyone stamps on it rather than with it!!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Lovely backgrounds which make your tags and cards even more special
x

Artyjen said...

Crikey it's too nice for a scraps pile!!! ;) Lovely background piece and great use of it.
xoxo Sioux

Hels Sheridan said...

Fabulous bubbly creations Helen... now, bubble wrap day? oooh, imagine, a room full of bubblewrap and bare feet... lots of popping going on then lol Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Your tag looks fabulous.

trisha too said...

Well this must be why we have a bubble wrap day, so we can all try to make beautiful backgrounds like yours, Helen!

:-)

Lori said...

Fantastic background Helen! Love the bubble effect, and those colors are fab!

france papillon said...

looks like you had great fun! never throw away bubble wrap, it's a great art tool, lol. and love the colorcombo's on these pieces :)))