Monday 5 December 2011

Time for Tim's 12 Tags 2011 - Day 5

Day 5 already!! Love Tim's tag today - using his reflections stamps and clear plastic - now I don't have any reflections stamps but the technique is the same as one that Tim uses on fragments and such-like and which I've tried before (with little success it has to be said)

But tonight it has worked better than before - mainly I think because I built up the layers of alcohol ink before stamping. Anyhow, check the Master's work here for how it can look - and this is my version!

Had a sheet of heavy duty acetate and I cut round a tag to form the shape.
I used alcohol inks sailboat blue, stonewashed (not much, it didn't show up too well) and denim.  Used the larger of Tim's snowflake stamps and the snowman is by Paperartsy.  Tied some blue ribbon and that's it - decided it didn't need much more embellishing (don't have the ones Tim used, or any others suitable)




Nearly left it plain - quite like it!!

sorry about the glare from the flash on the camera!

Ok, no more crafting for me tonight - Liverpool are playing and on the TV so I'm off!!

12 comments:

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Helen i love this infact i like it better than all the text madness ...i am drooling over your icy look it fab er ooney !!x

flutterbycrafter said...

Great tag, love your colours and the snowman is divine. Hope Liverpool win for you xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great tag, love the background and sweet snowman. Enjoy the match. Tracy x

JulieD said...

Gorgeous background Helen - very wintery, it looks like ice crystals cracking in the winter sun!

Anonymous said...

|really Envious that you have time to do these lol. Im in the middle of 2 massive orders for valentine & mothers day cards & making more crimbo stuff for here & trying not to go nuts cos the weathers chit, all my stock is still waiting for the ferry to run (2 weeks without a freight collection).

ner mind, I'll get to do my dragons tag tomorrow at least lol, I'll be doing the 12 tags all at once on the 23/24th haha



Aj.

Hettie said...

Super cute Helen. That snowman image is lovely and "cool"!!
Can't believe you watch footie!! Rather craft myself!!

Anonymous said...

I think this is a beautiful blue shade and the snowman is very cute.

Gabrielle said...

Oh so cute! The background looks amazing! Fab job my lovely x

Alison said...

Your background is gorgeous Helen, & I love your cute snowman! x

Lori said...

I'm trying to catch up on some blog reading Helen, so here I am! lol! All your Tim tags are wonderful, love how you have improvised when necessary, and all your other recent work has been wonderful, too! Hope you enjoy the season!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic tag, Helen. Mine is still under process....

Neet said...

I love this tag - and like you would have loved it plain just as much as with the snowman. Brill tag!
Hugs, Neet x