Friday 2 December 2011

Time for Tim's 12 Tags 2011 - Day 2

So, Day 2 - another stunning tag (indeed, 3) by Lord Tim.... didn't have all the items again, but a few more than yesterday.... Hot foot it over here to see the real deal (and the many many fab tags made by other Tim fans... there are so many already...

Here is mine -    I don't have the deer die, but as soon as I saw Tim's post this morning,I thought - ah, Umbrella Man - poor lad, he's caught out in the snow - but at least he's got his brolly!!

I don't have the Christmas Kraft Resist pad (it's gone on my wish list now.... lol!) so I used the ordinary kraft resist and clear embossed Tim's snowflakes and the "Christmas" from a Paper Inspirations stamp before following the rest of Tim's instructions. I then borrowed an idea for the perfect pearls from Eileen here and it works a treat! She did the same as me with the Kraft resist!!  I made him a scarf to keep warm as I didn't have the greenery for the wreath!

I hand-cut a zig-zag edge from the leftover canvas and added it with some mini fasteners, and used a bit of raffia with the ribbon at the top. Good job I just bought the holiday muse tokens!
This was really fun to do - can't wait for Day 3.... but now, I must get some more Christmas cards done - I am falling behind with them!! but first, my hot chocolate before it gets cold...

13 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great improvisation once again Helen, love umbrella man and your background. Tracy x

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous tag Helen. Love your background.. great idea to use umbrella man!

Have a great weekend Gez.

Gabrielle said...

Love the snowy Umbrella Man! He looks utterly at home within the wintery scene! Fab job my lovely x

Joan said...

great take on the tag, love your umbrella man in the snow, he's on my Christmas wish list !

Julia Dunnit said...

Mmmm, just ready to drink hot choc and a project to be smug about, love the tag, love how you improvised the Kraft ink...clever you. Have a lovely weekend!

Hettie said...

Haa Haa! The Brolly Man is probably more appropriate in this country for Christmas weather!! Love it. I have had to improvise but I do have the deer die as I love it and it has been used a fair bit. Go on. Treat yourself. You are worth it!! If it helps your cause, I said so!! LOL x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Great Tga! loving all the alternatives to the master's one :))

Anonymous said...

Great tag Helen. Love Umbrella Man...S xxx

cheryl said...

this is a brilliant take on tims tag hun hugs cherylxxxxx

Netty said...

Great interpretation Helen and a fab tag. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous take on this tag, love the use of the umbrella man.

Alison said...

Fabulous!!! Great idea to use Brolly Man! x

Neet said...

That's pure genius using the umbrella man. I don't have him, do have the reindeer though so when (IF) I get around to starting mine will be reindeer. Love yours.