Saturday 13 August 2011

Everything Wendy Vecchi Challenge - & a Birthday Card

This week, our lovely EWV yahoo group Host Lori, challenges us to create a piece of art based on the first book, page 22 - but if you don't have the book - it's out of print and hard to find - you just need to use at least one scallop edge and two border strips.  This finishes us off in book one! So, come over, join up and join in.  Rumour has it there is a random prize this week!

So, I have made this card   - the book project is a card but that't not essential as long as you use the ingredients above  - and some distress inks and stains - bundled sage, tumbled glass, picket fence and broken china.


The border strips I used are the dotty backround from Seriously Art and the lacy one is from Art in Bloom. 
The grungepaper flowers are from She Created Art and the sentiment Celestial Art. The scallop edge is an Art Part and I trimmed the card base to fit it.

It is also my nephew's birthday this coming week - he'll be 15 and I made him this steampunk themed card. I had to drop it in to him on my way to work yesterday as they've gone away for a week and I wanted him to have it on time.

I can post it here now as he won't see it before Wednesday!

6 comments:

brenda said...

One nil up at time of writing !

Just had a good luck round, I hate this enforced limitation on my blogging time, but at least when I do get places I have a good catch up. I can managed about twenty minutes on the screen then it all merges into one. Are your eye problems all OK now ?

I will probably need to pop back and absorb a bit more of your work because Janice (Stampalot) send me home today with several TH bits that are not my norm - little chains and pins for example, a grungy fence die - what on earth and I going to do with them I wonder.

I love my distressing and TH tattered dies and inks and so on, but the real grung is a bit outside my comfort zone - but that's the challenge I guess.

Reccon I will come up with something that looks like I have hijacked the hairy bikers and their chains and tattoos.

Have a good weekend.

B x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great steampunk card and Wendy Vecchi project, love the dotty background and scollops. Tracy x

Netty said...

Both terrific cards Helen and such fab colour choices. Enjoy the weekend. Annette x

Marjie Kemper said...

Terrific cards, Helen. Love the blues/cream for the wendy challenge and I'm sure your nephew will adore the manly steampunk one!

flutterbycrafter said...

The Wendy Vecchi project is fantastic and the steampunk card is terrific, bet he loves it. xx

Lori said...

I'm trying to play a little catch up Helen, so bear with me! Love this piece, you really did a nice job with the challenge, thanks so much for joining!