Sunday 31 July 2011

Sunday Stampers - Waterloo Sunset

Today Hels has chosen the song Waterloo Sunset for her Sunday Stampers theme and inspires us to use sunset as a theme - either the colours or a sunset itself.  I was totally intending to use some of my under-used Stampscapes stamps and stamp a sunset, but instead this happened!

Coloured the tag with wild honey and fired brick distress stains, stamped the single daisy (Impression Obsession) - clean rubber, not used since I bought it at the Newbury show earlier this month!!  and then sat and looked at it for hours, thinking...... 
Die cut some flowers (Paperartsy dies) from watercolour paper I'd used distress inks on, and pinched the petals together, forming a 3 layer flower. The baby die has a Wendy stamp stamped in the centre.  The words are also Paperartsy. 

Thanks for looking - and welcome to my new followers! Hope you like it, cos I'm still not sure....

13 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous! XOXO Zoe

Hels Sheridan said...

LOVE IT Helen... tis lushly indeed.. fab flower... loving that little 490 flower in the middle too... like I said.. LOVE IT! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely single daisy flower and the zingy colour palette is perfect for the challenge and the images. Great piece. Tracy x

flutterbycrafter said...

Super tag, gorgeous colours and I love that new stamp xx

Jacqui Chimes said...

This is lovely Helen

jude said...

Just gorgeous Helen!

Alison said...

It's a beauty! Love that daisy, & the gorgeous colours! x

Netty said...

Oh wow Helen this tag is fabulous my friend, xx

Lesley Edmonds said...

Now this would have fitted perfectly with my Orange theme this week Helen. Much better than any of my attempts!
x

Lori said...

Oh, there you go, teasing me with those Paper Artsy dies again. lol. This is FABULOUS Helen! I love the colors, and the stamping is FANTASTIC! Did I mention I LOVE THIS?

Elaine said...

Love you tag - background is very colourful and I love that single daisy stamp!!

PsyPenguin said...

Stunning! the sunset colours work so well with the simple flower silhouette. x

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhh gorgeous colors!