Saturday 2 July 2011

Newbury - fab day out

I love going to the Artstamps show at Newbury, it is always beautiful weather and today was no exception!

Despite a nightmare journey on the tube between London Victoria and Paddington, (took an hour instead of 20 minutes due to a combination of engineering works and somebody sadly (inconveniently!!) on the line causing long delays and diversions) I got to Newbury to join a queue of eager craft-shoppers!

Once inside I started to splash the cash - well, I had a lot of making up to do for missing the Craft Barn event a few weeks ago!


I stocked up on idea-ology bits that I'm running low on, bought some great stamps - some were bargains (the Eiffel Tower and Tim's frame which were both half price) God some more Fresco paints and all kind sof bits and bobs.  I also managed to get the fab Jumbo Peony that Donna Downey loves and uses on her art. Sadly the Dahlia that was also on my list wasn't there.... boo!

You may think that given the size of my stash haul, it was a good show - well it was, but not as good as in previous years - lots of companies that used to always be there were missing this year.  I hope it is only a blip and not a sign of things to come, as Newbury as always been one of my favourite events of the year.

I met up with some (non-blogging) friends for lunch in the sunshine outside, where we all agreed it wasn't as good as usual, even though we were enjoying it; and then it was back for a quick second run-round before catching the train home - the journey home being much more uneventful and straightforward, fortunately.

Now I have recovered and eaten, I hope to play a little - maybe not tonight, but tomorrow for sure!  I think I will start with the wooden pot (second picture) - it is calling out for Fresco paints! See you all soon...

7 comments:

Artyjen said...

Ooh er missis! You certainly splurged a bit today ;) LOL Have fun playing with your new stash.
xoxo Sioux

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow look at all those goodies. ENJOY some creative play tomorrow. Tracy x

Lorraine A said...

oohh !! what a load of goodies there ,,, fabby choices, I enlarged for a closer look too ,, gorgeous !!

am sure you will enjoy them :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lori said...

How bad could that day be? lol! Buying more stash, lunch with friends, doesn't get any better than that! Can't wait to see the pot! Have a fab Sunday!

flutterbycrafter said...

Gosh you managed to get lots of stash, that pot certainly looks interesting and I love the flower stamp. I was intending to craft today, but bank called, someones been spending my money, on Facebook of all things, so just check if you've a Facebook a/c that it's not happened to you, got hundreds of pounds from my account! So my mojo has gone completely out of the door.

Alison said...

Lots of lovely goodies Helen! Look forward to seeing your altered pot! x

Netty said...

Wow that is some haul and fab goodies. Hope you've recovered from carrying this lot....lol