Friday 22 July 2011

Everything Wendy Vecchi - yahoo challenge

It has been a few weeks since I found time to enter this fab challenge hosted by Lori for our Everything Wendy Vecchi yahoo group and this week she has set us a theme of "use a bird" based on Wendy's 2nd book, page 38 - but you don't need the book to play!  You must use at least one Studio 490 stamp and the challenge theme.

So, I took a piece of Maya Road chip, wild honey distress stain and ink, some Heirloom Gold perfect pearl spray and a whole heap of Wendy stamps. (The flower is new, it's just come to live with me....I told you on WOYWW there was some stash on it's way.. )

I covered the bird with some patterned paper (by memorybox) and made an extra wing (two actually, after I forgot the bird was reversed cos of covering it with the paper....)   I was going to use a piece of ball chain (the bits that come with the chip pieces) but I couldn't get it to fasten, so used a hitch fastener to hold the philosophy tag in place instead.

Sorry about the photo, it's dark so I couldn't turn the flash off and it's gone a bit glary!

6 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

Fabulous piece and I love your birdie!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love the birdie, great flower and background . Tracy xv

flutterbycrafter said...

Great work, love the flower and of course your little birdie xx

Lori said...

Fab piece, Helen! That bird looks great! Thanks for joining the MAC, so glad you had time to play!

Lesley Edmonds said...

I like this Helen. Love anything with flowers and birds - me!
x

Gillian .... said...

Love it Helen, hope to join in this week too. x