Wednesday 20 April 2011

WOYWW 98? (20th April anyhow)

Help, I've lost count of the weeks!  Julia will be after me!
My desk (using the term loosely obviously, seeing how I craft) is looking a bit muddled this week (what do you mean, it's like this every week - cheek of you!)

The observant amongst you will notice that I still haven't used the "dream" mover and shaker I cut last week, (it was only a test, after all, but I will do something with it one day!)

There is also a new set of Paperartsy stamps which I decided I had to have when I went back to my brother's on Tuesday after we had been to a funeral of an aunt.... well, I read recently that retail therapy helps you live longer, so......

AND if you come back here (to my blog that is) later today (Wednesday) you may get a better glance of what's peaking out from behind the stamps - and some exciting news, to boot!  I am sworn to secrecy so there's nothing for it, you WILL have to come back!
As you can see, this is my computer - mid blog-post (ready for the reveal, no less) - ooh, what a tease I am today.
I intended this to be my craft table, once upon a time, but as I've never got round to organising a computer desk (lets face it, where in hell would it go!) that plan went out the window - hence I craft on the floor.

Oops, what a lot of things under the table too (it's a coffee table from Ikea really, too low to type at comfortably, so wouldn't have been much better for crafting at either!) Behind those drawers and things are loads and loads of magazine holders full of crafting mags I can't get to, so don't re-read but - obviously - don't want to get rid of.... HELPPPPP!!!!
I have been good though - my WOYWW PIF is done and ready - got that done at the weekend.  And if you have got right down to the end of this blabbering and thinking - what is she showing us this c@*p for head over to Julia's to see a load more desks and weird crafting spaces.
Good news though - my job is safe - it will be much changed from the kind of admin I do at the moment, and will involve re-training to an extent, but it's safe!  Yay!! I can shop again..... thanks for all your words of encouragement last week and offers of help for tricks at the interviews - to be honest I was as worried about getting as far as interview stage as the actual interview!  Still, for now, I don't need to worry.

40 comments:

Nicky said...

hmm very interesting will have to pop back when I have finished work today - glad to hear you job is safe x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

oooh I like news, so will be back, and so glad your job is safe:))
Happy Woywwing!
xx

Anonymous said...

Helen, you little tease, you! Congrats on your job being safe. I will come back later to see what's up here. Happy WOYWW!

Dragon said...

Tee hee I know!!!!!! So glad your job is safe, btw... I am sure it will all work out... Good luck with your thingy later!!!!
Frankie
xx

Neet said...

Good news about the job - so pleased for you (and no interview phew!). Thanks for sharing your desk and nosey me has to come back loater today to find out what is happening, You are a tease.
Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet x

Annie said...

I hope to pop back later....you are a tease!
A x

okienurse said...

hmmm...you are really a tease. I will try to remember and come back to check it out. I love your new stamps. Awesome! Thanks for sharing Vickie #28

Cardarian said...

Glad your jobe is safe now, ha, ha on with the shopping then, you already have some lovely stuff on your"desk"...you are a tease today and I will be back to see what it is!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Tertia said...

Great to hear you don't have to worry about your job!
Love your 'desk' and can't wait to see the reveal later.

Karen said...

Thats fantastic news about your job being safe - congratulations! Will have to pop back later to see what you are going to 'reveal'!!
Have a lovely WOYWW,
Karen #41

Spyder said...

My woywers project is rubbish...so I don't think I'll suffer someone will it! Your desk looks fab,it always does! I have the TH Movers/shakers dream thingy on my wish list, but bills keep turning up, I mean, there should be a law about bills!! Glad your job is safe what a releaf (spelt wrong) have agreat week Happy WOYWW
((Lyn)

Lulabelle said...

Great news! Great stamps on your desk too! Thanks for popping to my blog I know what you mean about books (I still feel very guilty about chopping up that beautiful book)!
Will pop back later!

akilli melek said...

lol, i hadnt heard that about retail therapy but must give it a go - hee hee.
thanks for popping over earlier.
hope you have a great wednesday
caroline #34

lynne said...

Hi Helen
Hee Hee, I know too! But mustn't tell! I look forward to seeing what you are going to do with those new stamps that you bought from me today! The idea for them sounded interesting! Anyway i must get that enormous box from Prima sorted and put on the website (I can't sell them if they are still in the box (only admire them!)) Oh well, i quite like admiring new stuff! It must run in the family!!
lynne

Sue said...

Hi ya
lovely set of stamps,very busy craft space, will pop back later to read your news,glad your job is safe,thanks for the mooch, happy WOYWW, sue,x

Artyjen said...

You big tease! So happy about the job news for you :) It's especially a worry when you have to rely on yourself to bring in the pennies!
See you later then ;)
xoxo Sioux

Franka Benjaminsen said...

Congratulations! Your job is save and yes... you can go shopping & crafting. Wonderful PaperArtsy stamps.
Bye Franka

Kay said...

Great news!! I've been trying to get more info about the job here and was starting to plan breaking in to the HR files! Look forward to seeing all your purchases now you can spend again x

Minxy said...

More stash Helen.. you'll soon need a bigger house to fit it all in lol

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

Love that sentiment on the paper artsy stamp you have there! Your desk looks so fun and creatively chaotic!
Happy WOYWW
Rebecca xx

Lesley Edmonds said...

Fantastic news about your job Helen - I'm so pleased for you - what a relief!!!
I like the look of those new stamps from Paper Artsy - will have to go and have a browse (although I don't know why - I have no pennies :()
xxx

HeARTworks said...

Hi Helen, I'm so glad you're not insecure about your job anymore. And believe it or not, I enjoyed having a peek at your mess- I can relate so much! Sigh! Patsy from
HeARTworks

karen said...

I like that set of PaerArtsy stamps you have! I can't wait to see what you will create from them!
And I am dying to know what your news is! Sounds like something exciting! I will pop back to find out!
Happy WOYWW!
xoxo Karen

Angie said...

I would love to play under your desk ....and with those stamps. So pleased that your job is safe so you can do as much retail therapy as you want ....but dont get toooooooo carried away. lol

Andria said...

Happy WOYWW, Andria #32

Chrissy said...

Under your desk looks like my desk! Congrats that your job is secure, happy shopping!
Chrissy #93

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Congratulations on your wonderful news - it is well deserved. And glad to hear that your job is now safe and you can relax.

Carola Bartz said...

I'm glad that your job is safe - so important. And congratulations on your wonderful news - well deserved!

Angelfish said...

Great news that your job is safe:)I love those Paperartsy stamps.
Fiona x

JoZart Designs said...

So if retail therapy helps us live longer, I hope you spend lots and lots especially on craft stuff.!!
Still waiting for the reveal!
JoZarty x

Clare said...

"I'll Be Back"
Good news on the job front. More spending sounds great

Sunshine Girl said...

Glad to hear your job is safe - if I were you I would go and treat yourself to a new set of stamps to celebrate! Lovely workspace there too.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! A day late so I get to see the finish. Lucky, lucky me! And very nice it is. Love the HE quote and happy to read your job is safe. Important that, and retraining is a GOOD thing. Anything that adds to your skill set, and that your employer pays for (investing in YOU!) is a good thing.

Mary Anne

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

You are having fun there! great to see your creativity at work (on post above), thanks for popping over and thanks for sharing and Happy WOYWW! Shaz in oz.x

Twiglet said...

So glad your job is safe - what a relief. Happy Easter!

Ciara said...

Lots of good news for you then, with the dt post and knowing your job is safe, hurrah! Good luck your retraining, hopefully it will be something you enjoy.

And most importantly hurrah that you can still shop!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Okay...tried to read the teeeeeeeeeeny tiiiiny print on your computer monitor tofind out the scoop but guess I will have to go snoop the rest of your blog to see if I can figure it out LOL!

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm so glad about your job - I so totally understand about the interview stage. TBH girlfriend, I would rather kneel at that desk to craft than kneel and use the floor...but then again, it's what keeps you bendy, huh!

Ali said...

Oooh I'm afraid I don't envy you crafting on the floor.. I'm far too creaky and decripit to be able to do so! Glad to hear the news is good re: your job.

Thanks for sharing.

Ali #36

Angela Toucan said...

your desk makes a great shelving system