Monday 7 March 2011

We Love Tim! CCC meets SSSS

Boo Hoo, its the final week of the Compendium Challenges hosted by the Lovely Linda and we are on page 67. As usual I can't tell you about the technique but it involves using some of Tim's tools and - for me anyhow - a needle and thread (I was well out of my comfort zone here I tell you!)


You can't really see the thread - it's running along the top of the metal.
The cute little butterfly is from the exclusive stamp set I got from QVC - sweeeett!
Simon Says Stamp and Show - some Metal today - so this also fits there too.  I used a texture fade and some TSS chocolate metal which I wiped with pesto alcohol ink to remove the colour from the embossing. 

In homage to Tim for writing the book that has made my Mondays for the last 35 plus weeks, I used grungeboard letters sprayed with lettuce colourwash.  The tag (one of the jumbo sized ones) is crushed olive, edged with forest moss.

I made a rosette and coloured some lacy ribbon with forest moss DI.

Linda, thank you for hosting this challenge - we all appreciate it and your hard work in doing so, co-ordinating some great prizes (today especially!!) - we have all enjoyed it - YOU rock too!!
I for one, can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!

18 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Yay! Helen, you've spoken for us all with this sweet and beautiful tag! You did a spectacular job on the Design Details challenge, and as you always do, brought such a spirit of fun and beauty to your work.

Thank you for your kind words and for being such a wonderful part of the CCC! I'm looking forward to sharing this artful journey with you for a long time to come!

Netty said...

What a terrific tribute to the Compendium of Curiosities, loving every part of this Helen. Annette x

flutterbycrafter said...

A terrific tag, with a homage to Lord T!m, I've enjoyed looking at all your creations from the book over the past weeks, can't believe it's 35 xx

brenda said...

So much texture here Helen. What on earth will Mondays hold for you now I wonder ?

B x

Sue West said...

What a really fabulous tag Helen, I love it, A fab tribute to an amazing challenge.
Sue xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Ha! great job Helen, what a fab way to finish!

Sarah said...

Great way to finish the ride! Lovely tag. Thanks for joining in with Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Sarah

Lesley Edmonds said...

Great tag. You've really enjoyed doing these challenges I can tell :)
Lesley x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great tag, love the metal element. A great tribute. Tracy Evans x

MarleneMAZ said...

Great tag! I love the metal piece:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fab tag Helen! x

Lori said...

Great tag and fitting tribute to the CCC! lol! Love it Helen, and that metal turned out fantastic!

Lynn Stevens said...

Great tag, Love your metal piece! Wonderful tribute to Tim!
I forgot the challenge at Simon Says is metal, oh I can enter my piece too. Thanks for the reminder Helen!
hugs Lynn

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Aww that's so thoughtful!! I like the paper rosette with the T! Nice work : )

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Kim said...

Yah, that needle and thread had me worked up as well! LOL! This is the perfect tag for the end of the challenge. I've so enjoyed meeting you, and even if I couldn't comment, I did visit each week to see what you had done. I hope to share some future challenges with you again!

Daniele said...

a wonderful finale tag, so sad its come to an end just hoping Lindas got something up her sleeve
hugs

Minxy said...

a fitting tag indeed :)
sTAy iNkY
huGs MiNXy

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous tag and a great sentiment Helen. Hope we can meet again on another road with Linda.
How's Sutton these days? Haven't been back for simply ages, bet it will have changed alot.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox