Monday 28 March 2011

Grungy Monday #1

Did you know what an auspicious day it is today - Monday 28th March - the first day of the new Grungy Monday challenges - Linda has dreamt up a new series of challenges for us to keep our Tim fixes going!

Today, she has asked us to recreate a tag based on Tim's 2008 Day 10 of Christmas and this is what I've come up with - but not on a Christmas theme - I can't do Christmas 9 months early!!

The details are on Tim's tag (click the link above) so I won't tell you how I did this, but I used a perfect pearl/distress reinker combi of spiced marmalade and perfect copper powder, the bird is coloured with mint perfect pearl, and the masked tag is overinked with bundled sage.

Sorry I can't get a decent close up - I really do need to buy a better digital camera (it's coming!!)
I had lots of fun making this although it took me a couple of hours to come up with a decent theme.

Thanks Linda, this is going to be a lot (more) fun!!

24 comments:

Netty said...

Terrific tag Helen, love the masking. Have fun, Annette x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Very co ordinated tag with the bird, the piece of music paper, the background and SING, great piece. Tracy x

Terry said...

Fabulous singing birdie tag! Love your masked and beautifully colored background!

Caroline Hallett said...

What a lovely colour combo and I am sure that bird just sings cos you painted it in perfect pearls

Gez Butterworth said...

Great tag Helen. Love the background colour. Fabulous :)

Jennie Atkinson said...

A lovely tag Helen - love your coluors. A great take on the original.

donna said...

Wonderful tag. I love the theme you chose. Birds make life better! Cheers..Donna

Lori said...

Love the background! Really makes a FABULOUS tag! Yeah for Grungy Monday!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! Love that masked background

Linda Ledbetter said...

Helen, I think I would have exploded if someone had asked me to make a Christmas-themed tag in March! I'm still recovering from the LAST holiday season! ;-)

You certainly did a wonderful job of reinterpreting Tim's holiday piece into a gorgeous tag that's springtime perfection~ I love the colors and the sweet bird with her melody.

I'm so happy you joined the Grungy Monday challenge, and I'm looking forward to many more weeks of admiring your art!

MarleneMAZ said...

Great tag! love the colours you used for your bird.

Shelann said...

Nice tag, love the bird, masking and colors.

Sherry Goodloe said...

very cool helen!

Dragon said...

You are right... Birds do figure a lot but then it is spring!!! love your tag, especially that great background
Frankie
xx

Jenny Potter said...

Love your take on the tag Helen - especially the colours you've used
Smiles
Jen

Shelly Hickox said...

Gorgeous! Love your bird and all the other elements. Fantastic tag!

Maggie said...

Fab tag love the background and your Bird really does sing!

Alison said...

Fabulous tag Helen! I used a birdy too! Lol! xx

Kim said...

I love your bright tag! Makes me all set for a grungy kinda spring!!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Gorgeous tag.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's wonderful, love your background.

Minxy said...

Very 'tweet' indeed

CuddlyBunny said...

This is so COOL! Like a lovely garden wall with springtime birds courting one another!

Gillian .... said...

Terrific tag Helen, love the melody backdrop for your singing bird.