Sunday 6 February 2011

Time to play!

But only very quickly!  Hels' Sunday Stamper challenge this week is "time" and when I got home from Stevenage I had to play with some of my new stash.

I have just done a quick tag for Hels' challenge - but if I get time (sorry) - later this week, I may have a better go!   She has got some candy up for grabs this week.


Lin B showed us a cool way to get a less vibrant background using the colourwash sprays - you spray a couple of colours onto the craft mat and wet a piece of cut'n'dry foam with water and pick up the ink with that - I zigzagged it down my tag.

Stamped some fob watches on my tag (not sure who they're by) and the sentiment which is Paperartsy. 

The colourwashes are lettuce and sunset orange, and then I used sunflower sparkle perfect pearl over the top.
Yesterday night I was just messing (everything seems to be orange at the moment!) with another tag and a whole jumble of things - base tag was wild honey. Used tissue tape, perfect pearl spray, stamps and stencils.  Then tonight I made some sunflowers from the new TSS Kabuka mould I got at Stevenage on a couple of scraps of metal and coloured with alcohol inks.                        I thought it was a bit too much really, but strangely it looks better with the metal flowers on it than without.
Liverpool won, so I am happy tonight!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tags Helen! Love that new technique! x

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous tag Helen.
Great win for Liverpool.. I couldn't watch when they announced 4 mins injury time!

Lori said...

Love both of these Helen! That background technique is really fab, will deffo try that. That Lin is SO creative! The second tag looks great with those metal flowers...

Netty said...

Thank you for sharing this technique it looks great. Both tags are fab Helen. Annette x

flutterbycrafter said...

Both tags looks fantastic and that new techniques sounds brill, will have to try it. Sounds as though you had a good day at Stevenage.

Hels Sheridan said...

Fabby tags Helen... loving those colours and the tech with the zig zags, very clever! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday stamper x

Elaine said...

Great tags - loving that sentiment you've used!!