Saturday 6 February 2010

Masks

A good day today - went to Kew - hope to have the photos to show you tomorrow - some nice comments about my last post - and best of all, Liverpool won against our local rivals Everton (like you care - well, most of you don't!!) 

This afternoon I have been playing with this fab Wendy flower stamp - have done a tag as well as this card, but not very happy with it, so I'm not showing you the tag!



I started this card because I dug out some stampbord - which I haven't used for yonks!  and coloured it with broken china and dusty concord distress inks.  The colour combination was inspired solely by Linda's fab tag she blogged yesterday - just love the mix!  That sparked my imagination off - I stamped the Wendy flower onto the stampbord (actually I inked the stamp and laid the stampbord onto the inked stamp, it seemed easier to get the positioning right) and scratched away between the petals. 

So that left me needing something to do with the square.  I inked a square tag with the same colours, splashed some water on it to distress it, stamped the full flower on the tag and then masked the flower whilst I used one of T!m's masks top and bottom with the same colour inks - although I needn't have bothered as of course the stampbord square is hiding the tagged flower....doh! as Homer would say. It took a lot of careful maneuvering to get it in the right place without letting go - I've attached it with strips of humungo tape so no second chances!!  Although looking closely at it now, it's a bit off on the right hand side .... bummer!

A greeting and a matching ribbon, and mounted the tag on a card, DONE.

4 comments:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's beautiful! love the gorgeous background that you created!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Looking goooooooorrrgeous!

Kay said...

WOW that is beautiful, the flower really pops. And I care, I really care! Yes!! We won!! We beat Everton!! Two for two :)

Lori said...

Now this is one stamp set I have yet to get, it's on my list. I love that flower. Your card is just STUNNING! I'll bet you were CHUFFED how that came out, I would be! Love the colors! love, love, love it!