Saturday 20 February 2010

GC 43- Colour Challenge - 3 Colours I Love

So much for not attempting any other challenges today due to my problems with the first post today!

The latest  Gingersnap Challenge  launched this week is to use 3 Colours You Love. Simple, you would think, except there are so many to choose from.  Still, I really do love these colours together, seen here as broken china and dusty concord DI on a cream background.

I started with the tag, putting broken china round the edges, leaving a clear centre.  The stamp is from Paperbag Studios, I love this one!  And then there is a (new) Stampotique - Girl With a Heart Purse (ready for some more Stampotique challenges... any excuse to shop, lol!  which I stamped on card scrap and had already coloured with a sort of purpley gel pen (for another challenge that didn't get off the ground, story of my life this week), added the Wendy Vecchi sentiment on another piece of scrap and added the ribbon.  I took a square cream card, stamped   T!m's small flourish in dusty concord and added some more broken china round the edges of the card, then fixed the tag.

I am much more pleased with how this challenge turned out than the last one!!!  Yey!!

5 comments:

Jean Franks Beck said...

I love it!!! It's so funny, I sat down here getting ready to upload my card for the very same challenge. I also had more trouble than I expected, and I'm using basically the same colors (plus pink) as you are! You've done beautifully! I'm off to do the Play Date one now, LOL! Have a great weekend :)

Lynn Stevens said...

too cute, such a fun image. and Love your colors!

Hels Sheridan said...

Great card hun x

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Too cute, luv those colors!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!