Sunday 31 January 2010

Sunday Stampers - Hearts - Two Hearts in fact!

As Hels used the Tim Holtz Rock Star heart in her fab shadow box for her challenge post, I thought I'd better find a different one - this is from Impression Obsession and looked like it had never been inked before.... I wonder how many more stamps I've got that have never been used...... best not think too hard!)


I started with fired brick and spiced marmalade inks on the craft sheet and spritzed with one of my perfect pearls/distress re-inker shimmers, and covered the tag - the larger square tag first, but because there was so much ink left I used some of the leftovers on the smaller tag.  I've dug out some sequin waste to overprint a pattern with the same colour inks. I've seen this used a lot recently and again, had some in my stash.   I stamped the heart in black versafine on some scrap card -this is about the 3rd attempt at colouring it to my satisfaction (used a variety of pens/gel pens before going back to coloured pencils)  At this stage I couldn't decide which of the tags to use - I only intended to use one, really.  Then I saw some red velvet gathering dust (literally!) in a box next to the computer and wondered what the stamp would look like on that.... stuck it to the smaller tag with glossy accents.

Still couldn't decide which to use so tried sticking them together for a bit of "tag on tag" action (hope I'm allowed to use a phrase like that!).  Stamped some text to each tag and edged both hearts with star dust glitter from stickles.
Now I've got to try and finish my Play Date entry - am stuck part way through this week (check out the link on the side bar for this week's colour challenge. I didn't want to do flowers.... check back later, in case I have had success...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice bit of 'tag on tag action' Helen!! Lol! That stamp is gorgeous, looks great on the velvet! x

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeously scrummy Helen, thanks for joining in ...and don't worry about stamps that haven't been inked yet...they are very happy just sitting waiting to be played with...well, that's what I tell myself anyways LOL x

Lori said...

I just love that Spiced Marm and Fired Brick together, very rich colors! Love this, Helen! Great job!

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is such a clever idea, and the colors are luscious!! And, an official "welcome" to the Gingersnap group, although I know you've played before... just got your intro note! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations!