Friday 22 January 2010

Gingersnap - Colour Challenge - Metallics

There is a new colour challenge over on Gingersnaps - metallics, either to use metalic colours or metal in the art work.  Had I not already posted the previous apple chip, that would have done nicely!  However, I have submitted this piece


I cut a piece of TSS metal in barn red, and ran it through the cuttlebug with the numbers folder, and stuck it to a round coaster shape.  I had to use some grungepaper and my new Wendy Vecchi stamp set - love those leaves - and made a flower with two of the flower shapes,the largest of which I stamped with the splatter-style background on the same new set, added some bling to the small flower before covering it and the leaves with stickles (normal ones).  I painted the leaves with Claudine Helmuth paint and the flower is fired brick distress ink.

I got this far with it yesterday and was stumped how to finish it until today when I was rummaging around and found the metal butterfly which I've coloured with alcohol ink and then spritzed with some perfect pearl/distress reinker mix.  I wanted some sort of wording to attach, and used a Wendy stamp on a tiny tag and added a couple of Maya Road flowers - I was amazed I could bend the petals easily by hand!

On a completely different - kind of - subject - have you SEEN the fab new stamps Wendy is launching - not to mention Tim, along with loads of new idea-ology etc etc - I don't know HOW I am going to afford everything I've seen I want - and that's without seeing them in the flesh, lol.!  Maybe my lottery numbers will come up tomorrow.. fingers crossed!

6 comments:

LME said...

It is lovely :)

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab art hun x

Anonymous said...

Great piece! Love the great colors and the wonderful design!

Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Metallics Challenge!

Zoechaos said...

Just a wonderful eyecathing piece. Fabulous.

Viv said...

Great project.

Lori said...

Great piece, Helen! Love the Maya Road flowers :). Yea, looks like I need a second job to buy all the stuff coming out of this CHA. Can you believe it! This is one of the biggest years ever for Tim! What an incredible mind!