Sunday 17 January 2010

Challenges - Sunday Stampers/Gingersnap

I'm on a bit of a run with some birthday cards to put by and this one fits two challenges today - Hels'  Sunday Stampers challenge is 2 years old this week, so she has chosen the theme of birthdays (with a prize up for grabs) and Gingersnap Spicy Supply challenge open until 7th February is "embossing powder" (also with a prize from their sponsors).  Now I've not used embossing powder on cards for some time, having been concentrating on other types of crafting, but thought it a great idea to go back to basics and it was really great!




The stamp I used is a brand new one - the second Stampotique I recently purchased and this is the first time I've used her.  She stamped absolutely beautifully (I used versafine black ink) and embossed beautifully too.  I have covered a tall card with a piece of paper I've had for ages (but not so long it made it into a storage box, lol) and have been not wanting to cut (it's a 12x12 scrapbooking paper really) but took the plunge - I buy tons of beautiful paper that I can't bear to actually cut up for projects!  I used fired brick distress to lightly colour the stamped images. It matches the patterned paper quite nicely, which is what drew me to using the paper really.

I'll post the other cards I've made later, as they are "just for me" rather than a specific challenge.

5 comments:

Tinkertaylor said...

She's a cutie. i know what you mean about the paper. a friend of mine buys two sheets, one to use one to stroke!

Hels Sheridan said...

Love that Stampotique .. need to own more myself LOL Thanks for joinin in hun, loving the card :O))

Viv said...

Got to get some of these stamps! Love them and love this card!

Krisha said...

aaaaahhhh, Hels you always keep me inspired! That stamp is a treasure, and the paper? well, I have my own stash and yes I buy 2 sheets at a time, cause ya just never know.......

Ali Manning said...

What a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!