Sunday 10 January 2010

Ahh, sweet baby feet!

Hel's Sunday Stamper Challenge  is "Feet".  I've made a couple of really simple things for this.  The first one is a piece of patterned paper and I cut a frame from a piece of thin card whch I stuck on top of the patterned paper.  I stamped the baby feet (Judikins) up each side with worn lipstick distress ink.  The other stamps are from an unmounted sheet by Paperbag Studio, I haven't got many of their stamps, but I just adore them.




When I was looking through the stamp drawers for the baby feet stamp I wanted, I came across a stamp I bought years ago - it's got a copyright date of 1991 - one of my earliest purchases, which I don't think I can have used more than once and certainly not for years.  It's by Mostly Animals and is called "duplicating penguins".  The reason I used it is because just before Christmas at work, we found a couple of those "stress-buster" things that you're supposed to squeeze to relieve tension - and they were in the form of penguins.  At the time I said that I wanted to bring one home and ink the feet to stamp with - so here it is!! I haven't done anything else to the tag as it was only a bit of fun that I couldn't resist when I saw the name of Hels' challenge today. I've used black soot distress ink.

5 comments:

Lesley Edmonds said...

Fab baby card Helen and just love hearing about the penguins.
Lesley x

Roben-Marie said...

Very 'sweet' card!!!

flutterbycrafter said...

Lovely card, I nearly used this one today, I love this image.

Kay said...

Lovely card, Helen, adore that paperbag studio stamp!. Love the penguins too.
Thanks for taking the time to comment on my "pity party" post, I do appreciate the support x

Unknown said...

Lovely card ... I definitely need that stamp ... you will be pleased to know John still cooked :0) Here's hoping for a nice stroll to the bus stop X